Transplanting tips...go!

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Slammer, Oct 21, 2017.

1. First time growing with Coco and i botched my first attempt of transplanting. So any tips will be helpful.

Growing an auto and will be transplanting from 16oz solo cup to 5 gallon smart pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. what tips do you need? turn ur cup upside down well gently holding the plants stem and place in a 3/4 filled pot and fill round it.....

also 5 gal is WAY too much for coco , you want 2-3 gal TOPS.

3. Why would 5 gallon pots be to much??

4. Throw it into a pot if it lives it lives

• Like Like x 1

5. your wasting nutes....you cant root bound a plant in a smart pot. most people use 2 gal in coco , i went for 3 gal.

my plants are drinking like 5 litres a day each in 3 gal pots , youll be using 10 litre of water per plant. nutes cost alot and dont last long mate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm not sure what the problem is with transplanting. Leave in solo for 2 weeks - place the plant while still in the solo cup in the larger container - fill in the sides with coco - pull out the solo cup which leaves a hole exactly the size of the solo cup - pull plant out of solo cup and put in hole.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I agree with 2 and 3gal pots. Also add root assist. Skunk Labs Endo Mycorrhizae Powder. Good roots. Great yield.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks guys. Will be goin to 3 gallon pots

• Like Like x 1
  10. Top Tip: Make sure you plant it green end up!

11. I thought I would tag a follow-up question to this thread since it already has good info.

I am getting ready for my first transplant from Solo cup to a 3 gallon smart pot thanks to some great feedback from users here.

I am just wondering about the need for Mycorrhizae during this. I don't have any but I do have SuperThrive. Is Mycorrhizae needed? I see posts (like this) that say, dig a hole and plant the darn thing and other posts that claim you need about 5 different additives.

Thoughts?

12. I have never used any type of additive when transplanting. Sounds like a waste of money to me. :)