transplanting straight into ground = death?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Rhythm, Apr 22, 2007.

1. i had about 5 plants that i started indoors. germinated them and when they broke the soil about 2 inches i put them outside straight into the ground, i basically just dug a hole and put the plant with its soil into the hole, i went to go check on them today and they aren't looking too healthy at the moment... problem?

2. Well, if by Roc City you mean rochester ,NY its probably because its still a little cold at night

3. yeah i figured that would be a problem too.. but i just checked on a plant i put in very water enriched soil and it seems to be doing better than the rest... so im guessing theres also a lack of water for the others

4. It might not be the cold i live in MA and my plants have been outside for almost a week and there still fine.

5. I live in the same region of the country as you. I over the past two days i built a cold frame. you can check it out on my grow journal. I list the dimensions and then PICTURES!!!

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-jou...ious-grower-please-comment-6.html#post1573104

but technically mine is not a coldframe cuz a cold frame is something you litterally put over the plant that is in the ground (like yours). i actually had to attach a bottom (with insulation) for the jugs for better transportation and climate control. and also to make sure they dont have too much sun. My plants got badly burnt yesterday, but i brought them in at nite, and gave them a couple hours under the floros and CFLS, and then about 6-8 hours of darkness, they looked great this mornin. point being..... make sure they have shade. they should have no more that 8 hours of direct sunlight a day. and no less that 4. i'd say (by law of averages, and multiple comments i've read on the forum) optimal is 6 hours of direct sunlight daily. there's only 13 and a half hours of daylight right now. there will be about 14 come may 1st. thats when i plan on planting... maybe the 30th. Cuz although you only want 6 hours of direct sunlight touching your plant, you want the longest amount of daylight hours, cuz thats very healthy light for them. Plants also prefer morning sunlight over evening sunlight, after a hot day they just wanna get outta the sunlight. also pay attention to the moon cycle, you should plant them in the ground as it's getting fuller and fuller (WAXING MOON). to help them gather energy at nite a little bit for the first few weeks. unfortunately the moon is waning right now.

AND

You transplanted them at 2 inches?! they are just seedlings.... thats a huge shock to a newborn. i waited till mine were 2 weeks old and at least 4 inches just to transplant them to 1gallon jugs. and i dont want to transplant again for another week or so. They were 4 weeks old on 420. :smoke:

then again... all this info.... it all depends on the strain. in mexico plants can grow in the desert to 6 feet tall with sun all day. but thats because it's evolved to that point. some strains are strong and weaker, or more temperment than others. Im using bagseed, and im on my first grow. i've learned so much, but i first did a lot of research online before i made any moves. like a strategic chess player. though i hate chess, im more of a checkers man if i do say so myself. haha.

Serious E

6. thanks for all the info, hopefully i can use it to make my grow turn out great! :smoke: