transplanting shock problem (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NNorthernlight, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ok... so I have been stupid enough to run out of options and that's what I did.... I transplanted 2 plants ( 1 ak47 and 1 Northern light ), both 2 months old from hydro to soil. soil npk was 10-5-10 but could not find better, 60% soil, 40 % expanded clays (impossible to find perlite too:()... i transplanted 4 days ago watered with only water at ph 7... runoff around 6.3. the plants are still in shock, I had to build a wooden support because they were totally bent down and some yellowing on a few leaves is starting to show.... should i start nuting??? what do you think?...

thanks,
    NNL

Attached Files:

2. need the PH of the runoff to help

3. They aren't going to recover overnight going from hydro to soil.

4. increase calcium level for adapting the roots b1 if u got any hold of on the nutrient ajust ph to6.4 witch calcium might take care of that as well ad that then ph it no more nutrients for now
    tempory nutrient lock flush with sugars dont leach out newly added cal.
    adapting root hairs

5. more or less 6.3 /\ :D
    |
    |

6. yeah, sorry.... didn't see it

7. Just wondering why you moved them from hydro to soil?

8. I was wondering the same thing, did you just give up on hydro?

9. the story is long but to make it short..... Noway I gave up on hydro, hydroponic is my first choice of course, and the other females are in the flower room right now in a drip irrigation system...... the problem is that I'm going on holidays in 2 months, the 2 plants that went in the dirt are my mothers and I just figured out (asking around) that this is the simplest option I have to keep them alive while I'm gone... there are other ways but I'm still in the studying process.... so that's it... cloning vegging and flower with hydro and mothers in dirt.....

I'm going to try what SS said and I hope they'll survive

thanks to all for reading and replying :wave:

10. Moving from one growing system to another is just not a good idea - especially mid grow. But of course, you know that now, right? LOL

I think you are on the right track with the advice from SS.

I've been doing the AN-hydro thing and it's working for me. can't imagine switching things up. I mean, personally, I wouldn't go away in the middle of a grow because that sounds like I would mess it up.

good luck!

11. I'm not going away in the middle of a grow..... after I'm done with the current flowering (I'm not going anywhere during that period) I'll wait for 3 months before starting a new grow (holiday travelling, parents visiting and shit like that) and hopefully my mothers will live and keep my strains alive.... :wave: