transplanting question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by R3ap3r420, Feb 21, 2010.

1. hi, is it a bad idea to transplant as soon as u kno the sex of a plant?:confused:

2. Ummm, hell no. HA HA I only laugh cause I often wait so as not to waste good soil on a male. She's a girl? get a bigger pot!!!:D

3. a lil mid morning bumpage

anyone else have ne thoughts about this...

thanks

4. I often transplant into my finishing containers right after I know the sex. As long as they are in preflowering, you are fine. I do not suggest transplanting after they go to full bloom b/c it can hinder the development of the flowers.

5. its been 7 or 8 days since i switched to 12/12 and the female that is preflowering still really hasnt been producing many pistols on the top nodes so i guess ill tranplant her since shell have alot more room and light now

thanks

6. I think you should go ahead and get her in the container you lan to finish her in. I feel there is a window once a plant shows preflowers for transplanting; I prefer getting them into their fnishing containers 7-10 days after showing sex. Once they hit full bloom it could be stressful on the plant, or at the very least somewhat hinder the develoment.