transplanting question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BoyWonder92, Sep 10, 2017.

1. so im currently have had 3 plants in veg for a while ive had alot of issues on being able to flower (time/planning reasons) but now im all set, so they are aproxamatly 5months old these grape ape beastly plants. i was going to leave them in there pots they are in 20 gallons of soil in cloth pots i transplanted them about a month ago i was using mykos and since i knew it was going to be a while i transplanted from a 7gallon pot to a 20gallon pot without using mykos since i knew it would be a bit before i got to flower, i had to move my grow room i got a new house (yay) anyways on to my major question..
    these plants are absolutely monsterous in size they take up all of a 5x5 caonpy with just 3 plants do i need to transplant into a bigger pot before i induce that 12/12 light or will they be ok in the pots, or should i simply attempt to lift one out and see where the roots are.. again i didnt use mykos this round so id imagine the roots arent filling the 20 gallon pot but i could be wrong... thoughts should i get bigger cloth pots and transplant i obviously need to maximize my yeild since they have been in veg for so long.

ill attach some photos so we can see.
    *notes*
    they will be under 1400w and i tend to keep the environment pretty well stabled, also im going to run a side by side of soul nutrients(organic) vs advanced nutrients connoisseur beginners kit(synthetics).

Attached Files:

2. Usually the bigger the pot the bigger the plant...
    But you don't "need to transplant", you always can transplant them, and in my opinion you'll get more out of them in the end...

3. I would just pull each of them out of there pots, cut away 1/2 their roots, then shake them out, then put them back into the same pots, then amend each pot with new soil, then kick them right into flower. That way you know for sure that they will have enough room to grow some nice new uptaking roots while they are flowering.

4. So it won't kill them if you completely removed them from the soil and cut the roots? I thought if the roots were exposed to light they would harden and stunt new growth? I'm a noob, so these advanced techniques are new to me! That being said...a plant in a small pot that is rooted could be cleaned up and put back into the same pot?

Fem Auto (Amnesia Haze) Come on in and share your auto grow! This is my first

Bag seed grow journal (Flowering)

5. iv herd of that, gonna be tough to do on a 20gallon root ball but ya makes sence

6. If you do decide to cut the roots or even do a regular transplant you should definitely wait a week at least so the plant isn't stunted during the establishment of its flowers.

Lots of people cut away the small stringy roots because it makes more room, it usually works well.

Keep all the larger roots but cut away the ones that are all over making a mess, there's no place for them once you pull it from the dirt. Once you get everything planted just let them do their own thing for some time, you should be able to tell when they are adjusted to their new environment and that is when you flip.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. ok thanks for the tip, i will definatly do this i did not want to have to get new pots and this works perfectly