Transplanting Outdoor To Indoor?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Popped_A_Molly, Sep 12, 2014.

1. My girls are just starting to flower and are looking great! This is my first time so please give me some lee-way ;) I fear winter may set before they are done, I don't want them to succumb to the frost (Welcome to Canada) !! I am building a box from wood, should I line the sides with aluminum? Also four 50w bulbs is what I will use, what type of lighting is best for the flower stages? Also is changing from outdoor to indoor better, or which will yield more? Thanks in advance!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410550759.078849.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410550824.473132.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410551181.032926.jpg

2. Also does anyone have an idea what these girls might yield? They are about 2.5 ft tall each

3. postpone bringing them indoors until the last possible day. Keep your eye on the weather report. If it's just a cold night you can cover them. Once you bring them in, don't then again move them out. The change in humidity is just too much.

for flowering cfl use 2700k

4. Thank you, the humidity change would be minimal as it would remain outside just under a shed. Why is it that I should wait till the last possible days? Also, my pot it rather small, would I see improvements in transplanting into bigger separate pots? Or will the root system be entangled in the close quarters? I'm open to opinions/advice!!

5. #5 DazedAndStoned, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    I don't know where in Canada you are, but I can say if you are anywhere close to me you would already bring them inside, -9 at night with frost will certainly kill your plant. I woke up this morning to find all of our backyard crops and flowers dead, and we had some pumpkins almost ready for harvest.

I'd leave her in the pot you have her in, and next time maybe transplant into a bigger pot when plant is still vegging.

Looks awesome so far keep it up

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. It's dropping to 4... No negatives thus far, how low is the lethal or "redlining" temperature??

7. You must be from the west!! Calgary has been hit hard... I don't want them to be damaged!

8. #8 DazedAndStoned, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    Yea I'm from the west, have some family in Calgary and they had 18 inches in some spots. We only got hit by a bit of snow but the frost is the killer at night time. My poor outdoor plants that were almost done for the season are nonexistent now lmao

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

9. I did the same thing. Just dig out a big chunk of it and dont damge the rootball, I cut most of the roots and it came back. Also the bigger pot the better. Ive got to water mine everyday now cuz theres so many roots. Try putting perlite or sometging in too cuz dirt doesnt drain too well. I have a journal on it I just dont know how to copy links on here. Should be on my profile

10. Check it. Got ate by a goat and came back now its a week I to flower

Attached Files:

11. Does anyone know how cold is too cold for the plants??

12. Anything lower than 5C can result in permanently damaged plant tissue. Dramatically decreased yields below 10C

13. Anything lower than that and frost will certainly do some damage. Its the challenge with us northern folks, greenhouses sure come in handy this time of year, that extra 10-15 of warmth at night this time of year makes all the difference

14. Unfortunately I do not have the facilities to make that happen. But as long as they stay above the freezing points with sun they should be fine? It is only supposed to get as low as 7 degrees Celsius. How long until you feel she will be ready? This is the tops currently, they have started to turn a rich red/purple

15. Yea as long as you can keep them above freezing they shouldn't die, but you certainly won't see the same results as being constant around 78F. I don't think I can see your pic, how many weeks have they been going since first flower appeared? They probably have another 3-4 weeks? Just try to keep them warm at night time and they should be fine for a bit more

16. Just posted pictures, I may have to move to an indoor setting then, I just have to build one first

17. Looks like they still have a little ways to go, you'll really see them start to fatten up in the next few weeks. I'd try to bring them indoors at some point, knowing Canada you don't have too much time before you wake up to a few feet dumped on ya lol

18. Tell me about it... 6 months of winter last year, crazy stuff. I will probably leave them out the remainder of this week and move them into a shed, it's not heated but it's filled with straw so it is insulated well. Hopefully it will do well then. Aside from the weather do these girls look healthy? And do you suggest anything for now? Again I am new to this so I want to do it right!