Transplanting my top 4 females tomorrow, couple questions...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ItMustBeOrganic, May 24, 2016.

1. #1 ItMustBeOrganic, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Hey GCO, so when my lights came on today several plants were showing pistils which means it's time for me to transplant into my 20gal smart pots from these 1gal plastic containers that they've been in for about 17 days ><
    I was looking at the recipe listed in the no till revisited thread and saw that MBP was listed as an ingredient mixed into the soil, correct? 1 cup per c.f.? I previously thought I was just supposed to top dress with this so I will need to run out and pick some up tomorrow to mix in. Is there any problem mixing all these ingredients without letting it "cook"? I never "cooked" my soil with the old recipe but since there is new ingredients I just want to be sure.

Also saw that oyster shell flour has been removed, is that what is being done these days?

Was also curious if bio char is a must and if it needs to be pre charged or w/e because I thought I remember hearing something about it absorbing your nutrients if not or something? I was kind of planning on leaving this out because I may only be able to do 1 run because of various circumstances and from what I have read about bio char I thought it was more so for soil being re used?

Lastly, I will be picking up some red wiggler worms tomorrow to put into each of the 4 pots I will be flowering and was wondering how many worms should be used per 20 gallon pot? I was going to put about 15 in each pot, 60 total for all 4 pots, does this sound alright?

Just wanted to ask these questions before I mix up my soil and transplant my girls in about 22 hours, thanks as always GCO!

BTW here is a link to my grow journal if you wanted to check it out
    First Medical Organic Grow Journal

2. Honestly. All your answers are in the no till revisited threadXD but yea 1 cup per cf no need to cook. Oyster shell is the same as crab shell bio char isnt needed but its amazing! Yes pre charge it. Little handful of worms per pot. They self regulate their population

HTH

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know that the answers are in there but the problem is I have less than a day to transplant and that thread is nearly 200 pages, and the one before it is over 600 i think. I understand referencing people to threads but sometimes its just not realistic and an experienced response is necessary. Luckily you decided to save me here, so thanks. I'm definitely working my way through the thread though.

how do you pre charge bio char? never used it before.

4. Leg humpers must DIE...

• Like Like x 2
  5. P.P.P.P.P.P the six Ps

Proper
    Planning
    Prevents
    Piss
    Poor
    Practices

Make sure to use the advanced search function to narrow down a search in a specific thread. Makes it easy.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. #7 ItMustBeOrganic, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    wow never knew you could use the advanced search function in a thread, thanks.
    why are people so eager to spew so much hate wow

so far i've found this:
    So instead of just open air charging, I do a hillbilly charge method/idea. I put the charcoals in a trash can, throw some seaweed, alfalfa, heck a damn Christmas tree if I've got it, soak it all in water for a few days n then dump out the water into my bananas. I'm left with charged coals.

any other methods? :S
    I may have to leave bio char out for this run, besides i don't think a few hours is long enough to charge it heh.

I have had pretty serious things going on lately that have really limited the availability of computers/internet and didn't realize the recipe had changed adding bio char until recently :/

7. I take my char throw in a handful of compost and chickity do do add enough water to turn it into a slurry and mix it in after 24hr . If its not big chunks a few hrs is probably enough....