Transplanting Made Easy

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Weedpipe, Feb 27, 2012.

1. #1 Weedpipe, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    ok, its time to transplant, and if your a new grower you might not know some of the techniques implemented by some of the more seasoned growers. this might not be the best way to transplant, but it is easy.

the 1st thing your gonna want to do is all the prep work. prep your nutes, prep your pots w/coco, and have your tray(s) and light(s) in place.

today im going from 20oz cups to 1gal pots, but i also use the exact same method when i go from 1gal to 3gal.

makin pots is easy, just put 2-3" of coco in the bottom of your 1gal, then sit in a same size pot that your movin out of. now fill up your 1gal, tap the sides to settle the coco, fill in a little more if needed. now spin the small pot back and forth a couple times and remove it.
    003.jpg

take your plant out and sit it in its pre-made hole
    004.jpg

place under light and water the hell out of em
    009.jpg

see, its easy :D

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      404.1 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      319.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Nice post, and great looking plants, really healthy.

3. Nice, simple, informative post.

A lot of times there is a good 2-3" of stem before the first node from initial seedling stretch. I have always set the plant slightly deeper in the new pot to lower the net height a bit and after a week or 2 there are roots coming from higher up on the stem.

Just wondering if there's any reason I shouldn't be doing this and if anyone else does the same thing?

4. oh yeah, i bury seedling stretch up to the 1st leaf sets

5. I'm transplanting tonight and doing the same thing. I've got mad stretch on my little girls due to having them under one 23w cfl the first three days in soil. I've fixed the light situation and transplanting them to bigger pots. But because they stretched so damn much I'm going to bury about half of my stem. Shouldn't be a problem.

6. Thanks for the info Weedpipe,

Quick question tho, did you start you seeds in coco as well? I have attached a pic of the transplant kit I have and was wondering if i should stuff them with coco.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

7. sorry s, ive never started seeds in coco, so i cant help ya with that 1.

8. what have you started with?