Transplanting from soil to hydro garden

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by footballblunt, Mar 3, 2008.

1. hey i have 3 week old plants that have been growing in a peat moss mix. I want to transplant them into my hydro garden ( ive been following mr greens tutorial on youtube).

I was wondering what would be the best way to do this

For some reason i cant attach the photo's because because i attached them in a a different post so heres the link for the photo's:

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/212444-newbie-hydro-grow.html

ANY help would be great!

2. I GENTLY, GENTLY wash off as much soil as I can and just transplant them with some Technaflora Thrive Alive B-1.

Don't wash off the soil too harshly, or you will damage all the little micro roots. Don't worry about getting it all off.

3. is that like superthrive? how do i use it?...apply it to the roots or put it in the water?

Also does it matter how close the roots are to the holes in the bottom of the bucket?

4. The only way too do what your thinking of doing is to do a procedure identical to an emergency flushing technique used as a last resort for dying plants. It has a low success rate for anyone but the experienced grower.