Transplanting from Soil to Coco

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by torquxise, Jul 12, 2019.

1. hello i have a few questions as a beginner grower. i have 2 Cheese fem photos from seedsman seed that i’ve planted 12 days ago in some, you guessed it. miracle grow mango avocado soil (i ordered some coco and nutes but they’re just now getting here and i cracked my seeds too early due to being eager.)under a 1200w(advertised i know it’s bs)vivosun COB LED light (good light i honestly can’t complain) and they’re growing vigorously and i just fed them yesterday for the first time with a top dress of 444 vegetable garden from down to earth nutrients. i ordered Mother Earth Coco with perlite and i plan on mixing it with the 444 and some 484 rose and flower mix (down to earth) with a 1/2 and 1/2 ratio (open to recommendations) i also heard you have to rinse coco and what necessarily is “hot coco” and most importantly can i transplant my freshly too dressed day 12 plants into this coco perlite and organic nutrients? also open to any advice p.s. it’s hot as fuck outside (99°) don’t bash me about my temps i only can’t control them when i’m at work and they spike up. plan on tapping into my ac system with a garden hose to fix this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. p.s. p.s. i plan on manifolding

3. iCloud

i don’t know how to add photos so this is the best i can do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. I'm not sure that dry nutrients will work in coco - it doesn't hold nutes like soil. Coco is "drain to waste" hydroponics - it requires daily feeding to run off. Mother Earth Coco is already buffered - you might consider adding 30% perlite to your mix.

A good place to learn how to grow in coco - www.cocoforcannabis.com.

Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. i’ve watched a lot of mr canucks grows videos and i’ve learned that you can grow in coco with dry nuts but they will go through more nutes and more feedings but imo that isn’t a bad thing because the more you feed the faster they grow my real main concern is the transition the roots will face thanks for the link tho definitely will use!

6. #7 MickFoster, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    I kinda figured it was that mr canuck thing. With all due respect, I have seen many threads on several different forums with people having problems using that grow style.

You're wrong about the more you feed the faster they grow. Coco works best by feeding frequently with a weak nute solution.

Good luck - you'll need it.

7. could you atleast address the main question in hand regardless of my growing method

8. I answered the part about rinsing the coco, and yes you can transplant from soil to coco.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. i appreciate it

10. Just be careful on how wet the soil portion stays. Coco with perlite drains fast so you can feed more often. The soil in original football might stay wet longer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. so water more so around the plant more often than i would directly where the stem shoots out due to the coco drying a lot faster than the soil?

• Like Like x 1