Transplanting from soil to a Bubble Bucket?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hanky danky, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Would you reccomend it or not, My babies are three weeks old.. But i love the idea of the bubble bucket. Also I have Pure Blend Pro Veg nutrients and Liquid karma as well.. Can you use these in the bucket for the nutrients or will they make the water bubbly? Also, best way to go about transplanting so the soil doesnt cloge up the tubes?

2. You should not have any problems transplanting from soil to bubble buckets. Never used pure blend nutes only GH 3 part and a few more additives. Just remember to use hyrdo nutes and make sure you thread as many of the roots thru the net pot as possible. What I would do is carefully run water at room temp on the roots. This will take care of most of the dirt. I recently transplanted clones and they all are ok. No clogging. Hope this help you out. oleschool

3. of course you can use pureblend in a bubble bucket, and liquid karma as well, And by the way, the last time I transplanted from soil to rockwool I just washed all the dirt off the root clump in the sink and then sandwiched it in between two pieces of rockwool, so I would just do that same thing except put it in your little netpot with hydroton rocks around it.. It'll be in shock for about a week, once mine radapted they just took off like wildfire.. I would probly just flush the bucket with 6.0 water for a couple days after throwing her in there, perhaps 1/4 strength nute water... Ease the nutes on real slow so you don't burn her...

Good luck! :D

4. i agree hanky. this is totally possible. the most important thing is to make sure all soil particles are removed from your root zone (don't want hard matter circulating through your pump/tubing). also, make sure your hydro solution is down pat, and all other environmental factors are as close to previous conditions as possible so as to minimize shock. shocking your plants won't kill them, but can stall their growth for days to a couple weeks, depending on degree of change between conditions.

-IQ

5. Sweet, thanks guys... Going to start the Bubble Bucket in a couple days so I will keep you posted on the progress! Also found a swweet 1000 watt HPS of craigs list for 100 bucks.. Vented Hood and everything w/ a switchable balast of MH and HPS think I am pickin up tody. Should go pretty damn well w/ the hydro set up! :D