Transplanting flowering plant

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Old Dude, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Think it will be ok? This plant came from a pack of sensi seed indica mix but its pretty much 100% sativa. It is 6 weeks into flowering but its going to go an easy 5-6 weeks more. It is in a 2 gallon pot because I was planning to keep these smaller but this one had a mind of its own. I just wasnt sure if I should transpalnt a plant that has been flowering so long.

2. If you have the veritcal space,are very careful, and have the guts to do it, you can try double potting it. Remove the bottom of the original pot, get another roughly the same size, and fill to your desired amount with soil.(This soil will compact down quite a bit by the time everything is said and done, so fill it at least six to eight inches, after you have compacted it a bit. Place the original pot on top of the new soil, and pack some soil around the sides, (where the two pots meet and you can see the soil.) wrap some duct tape around that space between the two pots so you don't see the soil anymore, and voila! (It's a lot less stressful than a full on transplant, you don't want stress during flowering.)

Here's a couple of my plants double-potted. It really helps, the plants in the picture are only about half finished.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      302.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      291.7 KB
      Views:

3. Thats a great idea! Unfortunately vertical space is an issue. The thing is growing like a weed(literally). I am going to have to tie it over as it is, its growing taller. I was thinking of taking a 5 gallon bucket, cut 1 side off and lay the plant on about 3"-5" of new dirt then cover the ball. This way I wouldn't take the chance of breaking it while tieing it over. It is still going to stress the plant though. I have to do something.