Transplanting flowering plant?!- 1 month to harvest..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iminlovewithmj, Jan 11, 2011.

1. My plant is exactly 2 months old today! I have her in a 3 gallon flowering pot- Set up is 4 cfl bulbs, cycles 12 12. Ive noticed that I have needed to water her more frequently almost every day because her roots are sucking up the water so much. I'm concerned that she has no space to grow so I bought a 5 gallon pot today and some fresh soil and I want to do a transplant. I'm nervous though because I'm not sure if it will harm her or stunt her growth or shock her.

Someone please tell me if its okay to do this transplant or if theres anything else I could do :/ i was considering cutting the bottom off the plastic pot and putting it into the new pot with soil.

Thanks guys! if you need pictures to better understand what I'm asking, I'll post at request.

2. if you've only got about a month left i would not transplant....water her ever day....this way you get to up the nutes shes gettin'...you are the pump that feeds her...also would use unsulfered molassas at 2 tables per gallon along with your flower nutes...adds carbs to the plant during flower...plumps the buds and mellows the smoke a little:smoke:just dont think its worth the stress

3. 4 cfl's and a 3 gallon pot being rootbound at 2 months? Doubt it, i have a plant in a 1 gallon for shits under 4 cfl's and it's 5 weeks into flower without getting rootbound yet.

Just leave it, the roots will go back up into the medium and be air pruned.

4. i feel the same way but the only thing is when i filled the pot it was only 3/4 of the way full of soil with the root ball. My plant literally sucks the water dry as i feed it to her and her leaves are looking a little crunchy which is normal for the bottom foliage during flowering but I'm still concerned cause I feel like she always looks thirsty. Should I post some pics for you to better provide why I'm so concerned?

5. ^^^^^WORD^^^^^

At this stage, root growth has pretty much stopped and all you will do is stress the plant by upcanning.

Do as stated by deacon.

Wet

6. new question!!
    directly after i started feeding her molasses i noticed little bugs walking around my plant and the edges of the rim of the pot.. not disturbing the plant itself at all.. they take no interest...

last grow i had the same kind. what is going on here?

7. if you feed too heavy with molassas you will attract bugs outside..it is just sugar...gotta see a picture of the bugs...this year for my summer run im gettin' ladybugs...im not fuckin with bugs this run...ladybugs are fuckin' plant pest terminators:D..a dozen inside in the tent...288 in the garden...remember a buddy of mine turned loose a thousand in his grow room....man did it stink when 500 ladybugs flew into his 1000hps....the look on his face ...priceless:p...add em at lights out;)

8. i was going to say this....beat me to it.

heres a joint:smoke::smoke: puff puff pass

-Teapot

9. good news I didn't make a transplant... yesterday i almost decided too but then after reading what yu guys were saying it made sense not too... ill just water her a lot and if within the month left it seems to effect my plant horribly than I will transplant if 100% necessary..

still nervous about these bugs, its as though they only appear when i use molasses. THEY DO NOT HARM MY PLANT!?! they just walk around seemingly where some of the water splashed from my molasses mixture which is an 2tbs to a gallon not too much. i had them last time and killed them with natural pest spray that doesnt harm plants. what should i do?

10. Use 1tbl/gallon with the molasses or a bit less.

2tbl/gal is just too much and will attract bugs as you've noticed.

Wet

11. get-attachment-18.aspx.jpeg

tumblr_leu92vyESJ1qe8p63o1_500.jpg

get-attachment-17.aspx.jpeg

pics of my plant.. as you can see some of the lower foliage is droopy and crunchy around the corners which is why i got concerned about watering but it might be a nutrition issue or ph imbalance... someone tell me?

12. #12 deacon, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    yep..you gotta tweak things ta fit your grow...dont worry about the droopin' too much..lots of reasons but your top leaves are reachin' for the light just perfect..spray the frikkin' bugs man...dont ever wait on bugs if ya can help it:smoke:

www.growquest.com/live ladybugs.htm

i just spend the bucks...get a sack of 1500...and let em go in the garden......nobodys got bugs for a 100 yards

13. which part do you suggest i tweak?
    my baby looks pretty healthy i just wanna make sure all is well and fine and if i gave her too little space to flourish id feel so guilty. i have a month to let those healthy buds plump up so nutes and molasses it is... any suggestions for a good nute to use?

gonna spray the bugs tomorrow, as i said they arent effecting the plant at all they are just sucking up the extra sugar from the outer rims of the pot from the molasses that spilt. i just have NO IDEA where they came from... they just popped up when i fed them molasses. its winter out like how is it possible that they just showed up when my grow space is clean and indoors.

14. talkin' about the molassas dose...i run 3 and 4 tables mid flower with no problems...you get bugs at 2...you always gotta take what people tell ya and figure how it would work in your grow

...my second grow...tweaks were coco...better nutes....better genitics

my third.......smart pots.....good genetics......better flower nutes

this run...smart pots...advanced nutes for flower...might crobs and liquid karma...for roots..concentraiting on roots this grow

main things in grow

medium

containers

lights

nutes

addatives

water

ph

temps

genetics

skill level

harvest and cure

sure theres a bunch more im missin' cause im baked....but try to improve each one when ya can....when you see people growin' danks of the chain...they got it dialed in:smoke:...what im workin' towards:smoke:

15. at this point in my grow what kind of nutes do yu suggest i use? just something easy and harmless to my plants just to help fatten and strengthen the buds and the plant itself. preferably something easy to get and mix with water to feed to my plant?

16. I have the same question about translating but I got about 40 days to go. My issue is my soil is packed to tight and the plant never really dries out. Weird part is it hasn't grown an inch over the past few weeks and fan leaves are droop as hell. The new fqn leaves at the top are literally rolling up length wise like a joint. Should I transplant?

17. pictures? if your leaves are drooping severely that means your plants most likely very thirsty but that could also mean that you have other issues. how bigs the pot, whats your set up like?

18. I know my plant being thirsty is not the issue, that one I can rule out for sure. The pot is a 3g soil - Organic MG (i know not the best option, but it's the only thing I had at the time) 400W HPS in tent. PH = 6.0 temps vary between 70-80 with light on and holds at 65-74 with light off. Tent is vented fine and heat is not a real big issue. Check out the couple threads they have picture on there.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/727979-wtf-mate.html http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-pla...fan-leaves-odd-yellowing-cracking-leaves.html

Sorry not trying to hijack this thread at all, this one just got way more feed back and info then mine ever did and you plants look 10x better than mine. Hopefully it's just due to being different type strain.