Transplanting during flowering

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MfBaker, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Ok, so obviously this is not something that you plan to do, or that is in any way ideal.

Here's the deal: I built a 6x8 greenhouse for basically 1 big plant that didn't fit inside under my lights. I still had a ton of room, and being in the bay area around this time of year, you can find people selling flowering plants online. To make the most of the space I decided to get an already flowering plant, seems like a good investment since I have the space.

So, today I was able to pick up a 3 foot tall girl scout cookie about 3 weeks into flowering for $120. It's in a plastic office trash can or some shit, tall and skinny 4 gallon pot, still has the sticker so I know its a trash can and the size. Now in the greenhouse the plastic pots get too hot and don't breath, making the soil temp much too high, has to be in the fabric pots I've found.

So, I have to switch it no matter what. It's looking good, I am thinking into a 5 gallon pot only, not a 10. It's gonna have to get reshaped some wi.ce the current soil shape is too tall even for a 10 gallon. I don't think I'm gonna ruin it, but I also don't think it'll like it at first, and hopefully the added amount will help to still get a nice yeild.

Anyone have any experience with doing this and how much I can expect it to shock it? Thoughts and ideas welcome.

2. You should be ok mate but it wouldn't hurt to use a little transplant solution (High Nitrogen Additive)

3. Many growers work on the ratio of 1 gallon of soil for every month the plant is alive, so you are gonna let this plant go for just one more month?

Go for a 8-10 gallon ..paint the pot white, to reduce the suns heat, consider watering at days end.

peace
    "V"

4. hummm, i've never heard this before, interesting. i've only heard of the gallon of medium for each foot of vertical growth... OP, you should be fine with transplanting in flower, i do it all the time. but, if the plant is already in it's third week of flowering, don't expect too much more growth. 3 weeks is about when the plant reeeealy slows down on major root formation. and since what you have going on underground, greatly effects what goes on above ground, she ain't gonna get much bigger......

5. Can I transfer a flowering plant it's in 2 and half gallon pot it's almost 3ft tall 2weeks in flowering I no its got to be root bound