Transplanting after LST?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dieselboy420, May 14, 2010.

1. Hi all! I'm new here and just started my first grow. I am planning to LST my plants and I have a question, can't seem to find an answer. I have my seedlings in party cups right now and when I LST I will be tieing to the cup itself. When I transplant and unhook it, will it lose its shape? Will I have to re-tie it in the same spot once its tranplanted?

2. I wouldn't LST until after the transplant. Speaking from experience. :D

3. I was thinking that too but I want my plants as wide and bushy as possible. If I wait too long to start LST wont the stem become too thick/rigid to bend?

4. Yes, read that guide. And put them into their permanent/larger homes before starting training. The stems will be quite pliable, especially if they're small enough to still fit in party cups.

Good luck! :)

5. Ok thanks peeps! I have read that guide already and the other one where you bend the plant around the edge of the pot in a spiral pattern. I have done a lot of research :) I was just more concerned with missing my chance to start LST if I waited till transplant to start but I trust you guys so I will just wait haha. I'm pretty excited and just wanna have all the knowledge I need before I need it. ;)

6. BTW, don't do the spiral pattern. It rarely works out as expected. Speaking from experience. ;)

7. Once again, I have to concur...the spiral LST sounds great in theory, but doesn't work as nicely as a simple 4 way tie down. Since you've read that guide, I know you know what I mean. For anyone that hasn't, then yes, it's as kinky as it sounds.

:eek:

8. lol :D

Ok I will do the 4-way tie down method after transplanting to their final pots. Glad you guys said something cause I was gonna try the spiral method as it is my first grow and it seems easier. :eek:

9. If you haven't started a grow journal yet, I recommend it. You will get tons of feedback and a lot of people may be interested in your grow. :cool:

10. I was thinking about it but I am not doing it legally and I'm pretty paranoid about posting pics on teh internetz if ya know what I mean! :eek: :D

11. Oh yeah... I definitely know ;)