transplanted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grumpy, Oct 7, 2004.

1. a friend has recently brought his two plants over for safe keeping, they were kept outside in a tiny starter pot, about 5 inches in diameter. these plants were planted in the same pot, so thr roots are already tangled. they are about a month and a half old. he's pinched the tops once already, so it's now branched out nicely. once my drunken friend transplanted them into a 5 gallon bucket they begin to droop pver, i packed soil as close to the first leaves as i could.

does this drooping mean its doomed? maybe to shock? or after 24/0 hps might they perk up and become happy?

the lesser of the two plants has a half eaten leaf, and several yellow leaves.

will these plants survive indoors?
    using miracle grow potting mix should feed the plant for the rest of its lifetime?

2. How tall are the plants? how many nodes?
    Did u re-pot em in seperate pots and seperate the roots?
    Sometimes a plant can go into shock if its rootball was disturbed/for no reason at all sometimes, but it should come round again soon!The miracle grow soil is 40% higher in nutes than other soils.Its not recommended for seedlings and less established plants cos it will burn em.I re-potted with it myself, but the plant was big enough to take it.It was still nitrogen-overdosed for a week or so though afterwards! Rocket fuel :D
    Keep the hps a little further away than normal as well after re-potting for a few days! Slows down photosynthesis a little and helps the plant settle in its new soil and repair any root damage!
    Good luck!
    CWL

3. i wasn't going to chance seperating the plants. i knew it would kill them both if i tried, the plants have about 8 sets of leaves, probably a foot tall.
    i've left the light on them overnight and this morning one of the plants seem to be very healthy and perking up, the other i cann't say the same for the smaller of the two.

the plants are bascially stuck together in one pot, so i'm hoping the 4 gallons of soil it has will be sufficient for those roots to spread about. i'll post some pictures this evening when iget home from work.

in other news my own plant is very very pretty and very grreen, it's gonna be a healthy plant once it gets a little older. there's a huge difference in the color of my indoor plant and the two that were brought to me.