Transplanted 2 Females from Ground into Pot.. Ran into problems. Need help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 4TwinT, Jan 12, 2010.

1. So I had got 2 Females which have been growing outside in the ground so far. Had them dug up and I put them in a pot with regular Potting Soil(first night i left it under a florecent tube all night). The second night I put it under a 400watt MH bulb for 12/12 and I water it with aquafina water(why not? :D ).
    My problem is that, its about a foot tall, both of them, and they are both in the same pot which is I think a 2/3gallon pot but they are VERY(bottom stems about 2inches apart) close together. I didn't want to seperate them when I transplanted them fearing I woud hurt/stress them out to much so here we are. A leaf on each plant on the lower levels are a lil brown/looking not so good but the rest of the plant looks pretty good. I have never grown in dirt and need to know if I need to somehow seperate the 2 for its own pot each and howto do so without hurting/killing them. Also I have a fertilizer which is 6-6-6 but I do not know if or even HOWTO use this fert.. Really newb right now but I am trying to get cuttings out of these girls to put hydro.. But I would like to mother these as best I can.. Any advice from anybody would be MUCH appreciated.

2. you should seperate them into seperate containers, i grow only hydro but can tell you they should be sep. because if one gets sick it is very likely the other one will suffer as well, you can trim the roots back, not much though, in order to get them apart, you only want to trim 1/3 to 1/2 of them, then seperate, i am sorry, i cannot inform you on feeding, i dont grow in soil.