Transplant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thcmane, Nov 29, 2012.

1. How big should I let my plants get before I deside to transplant in to 5 gallon pots???

2. How big of a pot are they in now? I usually start mine in a small pot then go to a 1 gal pot after seed sprouts then after that to a 3-5 gal when a ft tall

3. They r in one gal pots now there about six inches tall

4. You can transplant them now if you really want but I usually do it around a ft talk and up are they short and bushy? Got a pic helps to see how they are growing.

5. I can post a pic later on... I have had a lot of trouble getting them to grow because its my first time with indoor.... I was way over watering at one point and that slowed them down so much on there growth

6. i would just transplant them one time as to reduce stress on the plant and roots. go straight to what u want have, three or five. i would transplant now personally, but u can wait.

7. Ya that will do it. Since its your first indoor. Hope you don't mind a little advice. The best way to water is wait for the leaves to droop a little. Works perfect and keeps root for away. Also mix small pebbles with it from a gardening store or sand. It will increase water drainage to keep from having standing water. Sounds good can't wait to see em but what lights are you using?

8. I need all the advice I can get.... It's a lot harder than I had thought from the get go.... I have them under a 400 mh / hps on an 18/6 light cycle

9. How much sand should I mix with my soil in the 5 gal pots?

10. Ya it isn't as easy as out door lol and I usually do a 3:1 ratio with it helps roots spread faster also and allows plant to grow taste so how ever you measure your soil when you mix it for every 3 scoops of dirt 1 scoop of sand. Are you using perilite? That light is def good enough glad you didn't cheap out in that lol a lot of new indoor growers do they spend a ton of money on their set up and then get 2 small cfl with clamp lights irritates me sry for the rant Ahaha good job so far though man sounds like you did your homework when you started. What nutes are you using? What's soil are u using also?

11. I have a really nice setup I thank I did not cheap out on anything I bought all the right stuff..... I am using perlite and a little vermiculite in with potting soil and warm castings... I have AN jungle juice three part grow but I have not used any yet

12. How old is the plant again? Sounds good ya just add a little sand. Jungle juice is good also if you ever want to try out another I highly recommend fox farms tri pack great deal and works amazingly

13. Fox Farm Tri Pack....are you referring to the GROW Big, Tiger Bloom & Big Bloom? I have these but havent used any yet. Any suggestions on when to start and how much to give them? My plants are around 19 days old. You can view my grow in my journal. I havent put any pics for 4-5 days so the last pics posted show them smaller then what they are today. I actually had to TP yesterday because they out grew their pots. Ill add pics possibly tonight & will wait for any advice. I have the trio but thought it was too soon to start. Im using Fafards soil & I know it has some nutes..not too sure of the amounts but I think I posted pics of the bag in my journal. My sig is the link for it.

14. Do one one water with plain and then you can start them. You will see a huge jump in growth and everything.

15. How much should I mix per gallon of water? I know it says 1 oz or something but Ive read people give 1/2 or 1/4 the recommended strength.

16. Start with a 1/4 then move to 1/2 and then full I used full when I was using it just make sure so you don't shock em or anything. It is really good for em and they will love it every plant is dif though so you have to see how they react. Good choice on nutes though. You will see them rocket when you start em on it

17. OK, will do! THX for the input.

18. The two plants on the left have had a ruff life so far from seed I say 7 weeks and r looking ruff now..... The three on the right r maybe two weeks from a seed..... I just can't seem to get them to grow right!!! I got them to take off one time looking a bright green and they just stoped again and leaves r drooping and a lite yellow color is coming back in them.... I thanks there to weak for my AN right now... But do u thank I should try it when I transplant??

Attached Files:

19. What are you growing in also watering schedule? They look droopy like they are thirsty also look like they might have a nute deficiency. Any info you can give me on how your growing them will help

20. In the one gallon pots it's a 10/5/5 potting mix I got from lowes mixed with perlite.... I just gave the plants a little water yesterday but not much at all. The last time I watered was like seven days ago or maybe longer been trying to let soil dry a bit I was watering to much and the looked very bad and I was mixing soil around a little to help dry out. I have check my ph with a ph tester and it saying high sixes