Transplant Yet? And Why Is My Plant Doing This? (First Time Grower)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GokuSmokesDank, Aug 1, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok so it's been about 6 weeks since the initial planting of my germinated seed. I would just like to know when if I even need to start repotting. Also as you can see the first two true leaves that grew have basically died and I don't want this spreading to the rest of my plant? I'm not sure what is wrong with it so any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. PS. I'm using fox farm ocean soil, do I need to add nutes or does it work for the whole plants life

3. transplant yes !!! Fox farm soil has food in it BUT will need to be fed ...that plant has outgrown the pot and sucked all the nutes the soil had ...that's why it's starting to yellow the lower older leaves ...it's actually stealing the food from those leaves and shooting them towards the top as a.meausre to stay alive (instincts) .

get a ph pen and an ec pen to measure the ph and the food levels.

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. [​IMG]

Would this be a big enough pot to transfer the plant in? Also do I just fill it with my soil and put the plant in a hole?

5. that is big enough for now ..but I'd go even bigger cuz you'll have to do it again shortly and the bigger it is the more pain in the ass...and yes transplant all the soil that Pertains to that plant on top of and in the middle of more soil (space) your plant needs more space ...that's the theory.

GFP

6. Thanks for the advice. Well I watered before replanting so that the soil would stay together but after just a few seconds of taking it out I saw the roots at the bottom........and the soil fell exposing more roots. I struggled to hurry and get it in the soil so they weren't exposed to much but I'm not sure if this is what will destroy my plant. Do you know if the soil falling off the plant will cause shock for it when transplanting? If so what signs will show that the transplant damaged the plant?

7. Dude you should have asked...before...I would have told you NEVER transplant while it's wet ....wait till.it dries out and soil cakes together making it easy ...it also pops of the sides easier when doing that ...

so ..you pissed it off for a few days now...it'll wilt ...it may look depressed and may discolor some leaves ...but it will stay "down" until it catches up ...don't worry it will and should within 4days ... perk back up ...just maintian the runoff ph ...and the light on the nutes to start...1/4 strength until it catches up ...

GFP

8. It's fine it's all the learning process. But I'll take extra care until it's back in business. Thanks you've been a great help though

9. [​IMG]

Ok so it doesn't seem like plant even got effected by the transfer however I'm worried about this discoloration. Its currently only on two of those leaves and I'm not sure what that could be but I hope it's not a fungus. It's been pretty hot but has also been sprinkling a bit.