Transplant Soil Clones to Rockwool

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HydroCajun, Nov 26, 2012.

1. My cousin swears by Rockwool, so he convinced me to create a Rockwool system. The problem is that the only clones I can get are planted in soil. He told me that it was not a big deal to put the soil clone directly into the Rockwool Cube. After reading about this farther, people are saying to carefully wash ALL of the soil from root ball. Any suggestions, Experts?

2. I would just wait and get fresh cuttings if you can your just going to piss your self off not a high survival rate for that operation lol and don't use rock wool use rapid rooters rock wool will mess with your ph

3. just use soil with perlite and peat moss. if you break up the soil with your hands and its well mixed soil itll feel super airy. i put a leaf as a clone into some soil i made and i pushed the leaf into the soil and it sunk like a blanket of cottoncandy, and its still alive.

i didnt realize you needed a node for a clone to grow -_-

4. You can wash the soil off all the roots, i know people that have done this. You will get stressed out plants but once they get through that they will grow normally. I myself wouldnt do it just in case anything went wrong, as the blades above said, just crack on with what you have and do rockwool next time. But as always its up to you what you do. :smoking:

5. wen you wash off the soil youre going to break off a lot of the roots, I recommend you compensate by also cutting off something like half of the above ground growth. if you dont cut off anything its going to take much longer until it starts growing again after dying back a bit.

6. OK, guys thanks fot the input. I will update this thread with final decision and results. Thanks again.