Transplant Shock ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by flowergirl1222, May 30, 2008.

1. Hi :
    I have (had) four beautiful plants that I started from seed, indoors. They got to be about 2 feet high and are (were) big, bushy, green and healthy. I had them in big clay pots with Miracle Gro soil and plenty of sunlight (natural)
    They were getting very Big. I decided to plant them outside yesterday.

I got them into the ground. Covered them with good soil and watered them. That was yesterday.

Today, they look awful. I have one plant that was very special, it was a dark green color, very leafy and had gigantic leaves that were very tight and close together on the stalk. That poor baby looks like a pill bug that curled up when somebody touched it...it looks wilted and dead today.

I decided to let mama nature take its course and just sit back, leave it alone and see what happens.
    Any suggestions from experienced growers ?

2. what were the outdoor conditions like. was the ground oversaturated or dry? raining or sunny? temps? outdoor/soil?

3. Hi :
    I've had the pots outside for the past two weeks, prior to planting in the ground. The ground was very dry. I watered the plants, a Lot, once I planted them into the ground.
    I used Miracle Gro to fill the holes when I planted them into the ground. Miracle Gro is what I used in the pots too.
    The temps were not bad last night, no frost. I'm stumped here. I went out and added some root stimulator to the soil...so much for mama nature :) Mama nature is upset, all of her hard work and tlc isn't looking good !

4. root bound maybe, is it the same soil, look for bugs, other pests

5. Great news this morning.....my babies are back and they look even better than before. We had a lot of rain last night- that seems to have worked magic overnight.
    My special dark green plant looks awesome, big, bushy, and very much alive today. The others are looking great too

The soil where I planted the plants is real real dry. I added a ton of Miracle Gro and fertilizer before planting into the ground.

I'm very happy today :)

6. Good to see your plants get better. It's probably because the ground wasn't pre-treated before you planted your babies in there. But it sounds like the rain fixed everything. =)

7. Sweet man you have any pics?