Transplant Root Shock

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Overmind1632, Nov 15, 2007.

1. The plant out grew the litthe cup I had it growing in so I transplanted too late. The roots were already coiling in circles on the bottom and rootbound when I transplanted them so I'm pretty sure the plants are in root/transplant shock. One of the plants doesnt show any signs on welting but growth has slowed and the other plants shows minor wiliting and slowed growth.

How long will it take for them to get back to normal health?
    Is there anything that I can do to help and aid their process?​

2. i have had the same problem, what i did was carefully transplant the plant (made sure not to break roots) give it water and very light nutrients if you have to and not in full light for 1-2 days. when you transplant they all get shocked just doing it carefully wont affect them much.

3. when transplanting rootbound plants it is actualli beneficial to loosen up the tangled roots. This is called "teasing" the roots and it is healthy to get the roots growing. Once the roots are bound together, the plant has difficulty speading the roots through the newly accessable soil. The only time i wouldn't do this is when the plant is already budding. This is because it temporarily stresses the plant but in veg it is the best way to go.

4. Whenever I transplant, I mix water and b12 vitamin - helps reduce shock.