Transplant question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by G35sxBoyx, Jul 27, 2013.

1. I just transplanted
    My mJ plant and I was wondering is it more stressful to put it back into sunlight right after transplanting or does it matter? Thanks again

2. Did you water after transplanting, if so did you use any additives to help reduce transplant shock and was it in sunlight before transplant?

3. #3 G35sxBoyx, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm a first time grower very big n00b when it comes to growing MJ lol. No I didn't water after transplanting the soil was moist I use good organic soil so I don't really use nutrients but sometimes think I should.. Lol no $$ at the moment.. & since I'm growing indoors yes b4 transplant it was in light. Never even heard of somethingg to reduce shock but transplant was non the less successful.

4. Whenever I transplant I do it when the soil is dried out somewhat, not bone dry though. With the soil being a little dry it makes it easier and is less messy plus I always water after transplanting. Using additives like B1 Red or Superthrive and some Protekt silica help reduce transplant shock or stress. There is always some stress to the plant when transplanting, some plants can handle it better then others, some can be more sensitive to it while others might handle it with no problems.

5. So what do u think I should do? Let it chil out or put it back under the lights?

6. How moist was the soil? Stick your finger down in the soil about an inch or two, if it feels kinda dry or cool I would water, if its moist or wet you should be able to easily feel the difference. Post some pics if you can. Moist or wet soil usualy sticks to your finger more.

7. The soil was pretty moist I just purchased the soil today and transplanted it not even 1 hour ago so the soil I would say is really most throughout but not overwhelming I think just perfect for the plant to grow crazy. How about the lights tho would u say I can put it back under the lights or would this cause burn or anything of that nature thanks.

8. If it got stressed from transplanting you would see it with in a short amount of time. When I take some clones out of my EZ Clone machine and plant them in soil they start to droop with in minutes but once they get watered with some B1 red and Protekt silica they perk right back up. My soil I transplant into though isn't moist. If they looked like they handled it fine I would put them back under the light. Also its good to let your soil dry out in between waterings. Keeping the soil moist can cause problems like root rot and be a breeding ground for fungus gnats.

9. Yea I would def say it went well and only maybe one leaf is drooping and not even that much... Plus I don't keep the soil moist at all times sometimes I wait a day or two bc the soil is still moist thanks for your input again :)

10. Plants love to be repotted into bigger pots with new soil.

You should actually see them grow a lil quicker a day or 2 after. You just gave the plant some more root space.
    Youre not stressing it unless you broke roots