transplant or over watering?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by blaize, Aug 23, 2018.

1. I won't be setting up for a couple of months yet but I'm hoping to just have a veg room in a set of drawers without the drawers and veg one plant for 5 weeks at a time, with a wardrobe with a built in cupboard behind it converted into a flower room flowering 2 plants at a time at separate stages, hoping to pull off one plant every 4-5 weeks. 3 cycled plants will be enough for me..

.. I hope lol :)

2. Got a pic of your set-up
    said your using cfl’s.. how many.. whats your kelvins

Some info plz

3. #43 GreenFan, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    I'm taking future tense sorry, I don't have a clue about anything to do with cfls that's why I'm here to learn from others' experiences.

4. Aight this is what im running..

8cfl’s for vegging= all 8 5600k going more for a blue spectrum for veggative growth

8cfl’s for flower= 7 - 2700k & 1 - 5600k i think it covers a full spectrum best for full flower potential..

Running a total of 330 true cfl watts equivalent to a shitload of regular watts (atleast 800)..

My plant seems to be loving it..

Hope this helped!!

[​IMG]e[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah man!!!!

6. Thank you! I've not found much regarding cfls, even using the search or google, I was thinking about running near enough the same veg set up as you actually.

I just don't understand how to wire 8 cfls together, I'm not clued on like that :-(

7. If you like i can draw you up a fool proof diagram..
    should get you started in no time

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I can draw you up a fail proof diagram as to how and wire the bulbs together..

Youll need atleast 8 bulb sockets to get started with some wire.. and also 8 cfl bulbs.. start with 5600k daylight kelvins the plant loves this during veg

10. Can I not get a bulb connector with a splitter on and put say 3-4 bulbs per socket?

11. Your actually going to use 4 sockets and put 8 bulbs in em’ total.. check out my thread growing with cfl’s myself..

Hope this helps..

Nice light spectrum for flowering..

Their all wired to 1 switch (switch optional)..

[​IMG]

I cut off all huge fan leaves
    I cut off all huge fan leaves

Sent from FCCC

12. This is the guide I started with. You should check it out.

Beginner Guide to Growing Cannabis with CFL Lights | Grow Weed Easy

13. -Update-

I transplanted all three plants yesterday and all looks good.

Attached Files:

14. You’re going to need a lot more light to flower. Cfls are ok to veg small plants, but nowhere near the power or penetration to properly flower more than a tiny plant.

15. Ok, so what do you recommend? Keep in mind that I am on a budget.

16. Thank you very much!
    I've read that article many times, I'm starting to understand but I sometimes learn from trial and error.

Good job on the plants, how much budget are we looking at? Have you got or can you get a 600w ballast? The bulbs are roughly £15/$25 for a hps, that would give you ounces and ounces!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Everyone is on a budget, but how much do you spend on an ounce of pot? How about a pound? If you could produce somewhere between an ounce and a pound every 10 weeks is a $500 light really that expensive?

That said, I don’t know how big your space is but for a 2x4 area, a four pack of qb120’s in 3000k from amazon, proper driver, some wire and a little diy aluminum frame will set you back about $225-$250. That’s about $1 per watt of the most efficient diodes on the market.

18. Yes, I learn the same way. I can read about it all day but until I get hands on, I don't really get it. I think that I am gonna do these CFL's this harvest and see what happens. I will have more money in a few months and then I will invest a lot more. I plan on adding LED's and mixing these CFL's in and seeing what happens. Honestly, I kinda want a badass harvest using these CFL's to prove all the naysayers wrong. I will continue to update so we will see what happens. In the meantime, :passing-joint:enjoy life. Oh, and :thankyou:for the compliment.

19. I think you need to read that article that you sent me lol.

If you want to maximise your harvest, I'm guessing once they get up pick the 2 best plants as I don't think you have enough light for 3 plants, don't be arrogant because karma is always chasing you! I have all hopes for you but for flowering you are going to need different spectrum of lights as they won't cut it, and to put 8 cfls in you could possibly put the extra £20 in and get a hps and ballast! Just a thought my friend.

20. I grow in coco now but switching back to supersoil for clean organic meds. Trust me, invest in some quality lighting, or waste months flowering with CFLs. You WILL be disappointed with the results.

You’re seeing growth now because cfls veg well with small plants. The 6500k spectrum provides steady vegetative growth while plants are small. Once switching to flower the plants consume more nutrients and light, and they much larger requiring penetration that cfls just don’t have.

You won’t get good flowers without good lights
    2BACF803-CABC-42AE-9EE5-2453C94984BA.jpeg 7AC64A6C-282E-48CD-A08F-C6F3BFD02A98.jpeg
    049B5295-F334-4E84-8843-8AAA0FEF9DF6.jpeg