Transplant - Need your help and expertise

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AloeRuss, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Hello again
    I did a search on transplant, but did not find an answer, soplease help.
    It seems that I have found an answer to my droopy half-lifeplant problem.

They have overgrown their current home and in need oftransplant.
    When I brought them in, they were in Rockwell cubes, so Ijust removed the film that was holding the cube together, added some soil onthe bottom of the pot, se the cube in the middle and covered all the open areaswith soil mix, packing it nicely. Watered the newly planted pots and set them under the light.

Now, I am planning to go with the second biggest size aftera gallon pots to minimize the transplants in the future, and I am basicallyplanning to follow the same steps and strategy and need your confirmation.
    I watered my plants on Tuesday so they should still be a bitmoist, and will follow the steps below:

· I will add about 3 to 4 inches of soil to the bottomof the new pot. Spray a little water onit, making it moist.
    · I will pull the soil cube with my plant from theold, smaller pot.
    · I will set the soil cube in the middle of the newpot without cleaning or shaking anything from it.
    · I will add soil all around my transplantedplant, covering the original soil cube and surrounding areas.
    · I will pack the soil and add more as needed tomake it even, nice and full.
    · I will water the pot adding all the nutrientswith water (feeding them).
    · I will set the new pot under 600W HPS (about 1 feetbetween canopy and the reflector)

Ladies and Gentleman, please tell me if those steps arecorrect and if this is what I should be doing and not killing my plants in theprocess. [​IMG]
    Thank you so much
    Regards,
    R

2. sounds good but u should just wait until the soil is dry then transplant it will be easier to remove the rootball

3. It is pretty dry ready to be watered in a day or so.
    Sorry about my statement that I didnt find anything. There are planty of very good guides here. Just PM me and I shoot you a good one.
    Will put my girls into a 3 gallon pots tonight. Will let you know how it went tommorow :)

4. If it really does need to be transplanted the roots should hold the entire thing intact. You wouldn't be able to knock off dirt if you needed to. If the roots are not circling around the inside of the container then your drooping issues could be coming from somewhere else. We don't know for sure until you look though, so I wish you luck!

Transplanting is one of those confidence things. Walk in like you're the boss, coax that honey out of her planter and get her set up nice and quick in the new one. Don't pussy foot around, get it done, and deal with the aftermath if something goes awry. You'll figure it out.

There are times when I have to transplant 10-20 plants from 1 gallons to 3 gallons. It takes a long time and every transplant goes a little different. Sometimes it's a breeze. Sometimes they are little bitches. It all works out in the end though. You got the basics. Roll with it.

5. Just wanted to update you guys.
    Transplanted all 11 plants. All went well. Each of my plants had roots going all over aroung and were defenatley too big for sucha small pots.
    I checked this morning, and already noticing a big difference.
    I will be posting an update with the picture and the steps I took (for those newbies who needs help) in a few minutes..
    Thanks all