Transplant issue

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Collickluke, Jul 10, 2020.

1. I transplanted into damp soil so I didn’t wanna water it because the pot felt so heavy I figured there’s water in there so now what should I do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maybe find away to water from the bottom

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wait a day or two? Dont think its a big deal

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whenever I transplant I water right away, what issues are you seeing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Let her go no problem sounds like you won’t need to water for awhile if plant is not to big
    Pics please how old is she

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. She definitely looks hungry and sad I took some pics of the top of the medium as well thanks for your time sir

Attached Files:

7. Water it in. Don't stress, you won't over water it. Water the pot doesn't soak up in a half hour, dump it out. You would have to try and over water that plant to do so in that mix with fabric pots. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Just water around the base of the plant, and get a good thick mulch layer as soon as you can,

9. Looks great. Maybe wait for some leave drops and then its time.

10. I watered with about a litre of water it’s super heavy now

11. One VERY big issue with people new to transplanting is getting good contact between the xplants soil and the fresh soil in the new pot.

Roots will NOT bridge any air gap between the 2 soils and issues will ensue!

*I* flood the new pot/soil with water and work the fresh (soggy), soil with my fingertips to ensure there are no voids between the 2 soils. Don't cram it down and go Rambo on it, just make sure it is firmly packed with no pockets. The soggy bit makes this easier and it will loosen up some when it dries out. I usually don't water again till the pot gets noticeably lighter. Do this long enough and you can get to where just tapping your foot against the pot will tell you.

But, by all means get those soils soggy and get that good contact.

Wet

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. You think a litre is enough?

13. To start I guess? When I say soggy, I mean, for that size pot, it would be more on the order of 5-8 liters. This is done outside with a slow running hose and is more a sight and feel thing and usually performed once. The xplant is then left in the shade till fully drained.

I don't pick up or set down the plant when it's this soggy. Slide it around. Setting it down even slightly hard can over compact the soggy mix. You want it firm with no voids, but, you're not setting concrete.

Wet

• Like Like x 1