Transplant in Ann Arbor

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Teknautikal1, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Hello my friends,

New transplant to Ann Arbor Michigan from Los Angeles :wave:, any arbor tokers in the house?

I gotta scout downtown and find a connect :( that oughtta be fun.

P.S.
    Register to VOTE

2. I go to AA all the time! I live in Livonia!

3. Cool man, you come for work? Anything fun to do in Livonia? I want to go visit the lakes and stuff up north before it gets too cold.

4. Grew up there, visit all the time :D

Great city... Check out foggy bottom bayou if you wanna see some amazing locally blown pieces

5. Bummed out to hear about the recent crackdowns..If I go to those clinics and say I have crohns will I be able to get a card? haha I think I can fake it

6. Cool I'll check it out. There's stairway to heaven which I have been to and another on the north side..

'Im worried about the winter. Gonna freeze..I don't do well in cold climates lol

7. [quote name='"Teknautikal1"']

Cool I'll check it out. There's stairway to heaven which I have been to and another on the north side..

'Im worried about the winter. Gonna freeze..I don't do well in cold climates lol[/quote]

Yeah winters aren't very pleasant here but you get used to it and the storms are always fun :smoke:

Stairway is nice too, I got my first bong there. 42 degrees has the biggest selection of high end glass but foggy bottom is where I'd check out for fairly priced glass of all types :smoke:

8. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely visit. Nice buds too man!! My friend was growing some in his back yard before I left but they didn't look like that! I miss cali :(

9. [quote name='"Teknautikal1"']Thanks for the info, I'll definitely visit. Nice buds too man!! My friend was growing some in his back yard before I left but they didn't look like that! I miss cali :([/quote]

Thanks dude! Why such a long move if you don't mind me asking?

10. I was a grad student at UCLA but my boss transferred to U of M so the choice was to come and finish my research here (1 to 2 years left) or start over at another lab which would have taken 4-5 years so it was a simple but painful decision. Trying to make the best of it here u know what I mean..

11. Damn, that would be a tough decision... You gotta think about the future though, if this helps you further your education and help for job prospects you definitely did the right thing in the long run. Do you have any family or friends up here?

12. Ya man that is sound advice. No family or friends haha a loner. Noo I came with a few other lab members who I could consider friends. Do you live in Michigan still?

13. Yup about 40 minutes away.. My parents moved when I was like 6 and I've been here since :D

14. Cool man, if you ever in town and lookin to chill, hit me up.

15. what's up man? i'm an ann arbor transplant too. just got up here recently for grad school.

16. Hey man! Welcome. Sorry I haven't been back on the site much. Will try and be more involved.. I'll reply to your PM.