Transplant autos

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Top_Shelf_Indica, May 1, 2019.

1. im going to transplant some autos they are in styrofoam cups and haven’t reached the bottom yet. My plan is to cut the bottom of the cup and let the roots grow through them. I have to transplant at this point but was wondering if I should go with my plan or the usual transplant way. I use the usual way many times and do barley to no root damage but planting the whole cup and letting the roots grow through the bottom seems better. Also rain keeps burying them and they die so the cup above ground with a water bottle humidity dome will help make sure this year that doesn’t happen. I also have some Indole-3-butyric acid rooting powder powder not product from a specific company with other stuff in it

2. I'd take off the cup but I don't quite understand the part about rain burying them so you may have a good point for leaving the cup on. I bet the roots have reached the bottom unless they are very small seedlings.

3. Their in ground and seedlings with not very strong stems so when it rains the rain hits them to ground level then the ground gets muddy and washes over them burying them. I don’t know haven’t checked but I want the least amount of shock possible also they wouldn’t be completely above ground only about half way. I already lost 8 seeds some showed roots then just never popped above ground idk why and 4 never sprouted I want the most buds I can get cuz those 8 were my back ups to last until croptober 14g each gives me 98g about 1g a day 7 plants 3 are 8week strains auto waist deep 2 are 9.5 breeder says they yield better outdoor than indoor ministry of cannabis white widow and 2 are auto fruit punch same company as waist deep that I’ve grown outdoors too transplanted the usual way that looked very well when harvest came like the autos outdoors I see done by pros While the others are 1 single bud coming out the ground which is what I want to avoid

4. I did just that with my autos.
    There was a clear hole in the bottom of each cup.
    No one cares, I tell ya!
    After harvest, I examined the root structure.
    The roots didn't give a damn; they grew right through the sides...
    any old way they decided.
    This time, I planted the seeds directly into the final medium...
    let the roots do what they want.
    If I were handed your plants, I'd ditch the cups...
    but what do I know?
    The rains could come and wash you away.....

5. I transplanted the usual way the cups were hard to get rid of by cutting or ripping the roots probably would break if soil fell but the roots still ripped I heard them cuz the soil was wet. It’s whatever though I remembered one strain I’m growing looked like the best auto the others were one single bud site and that one fell off a window sil so I mixed up the plants I was growing and accidentally fimmed it thinking it was a thc bomb and maybe fimmed it twice lol but it was a big ass auto keeping up with my photos until flower when the photos outgrew her and I realized she was an auto got about 14g off her dry and the ones I put outside weren’t the same strain I’ve still got 2 more under my lights I’ll just make sure soil is dry when I put them outdoors on the 19th

6. Kinda looked like this but only 2 bud sites at the bottom

7. And a longer main bud