Transformers

Discussion in 'General' started by Floydian, Jun 29, 2008.

1. So, crazy as it is, I'd never seen more than about the last 10 minutes of the Transformers movie, until last night.

I was in awe... the movie is fucking brilliant.

Brilliant enough to make me want to disregard the search button, and make this incredibly belated thread.

I had friends who saw it 5+ times, and heard so many people rave about it... I thought it could never live up to the hype, let alone not ruin one of the best parts of my childhood.

Shit, man, it wasn't even in HD last night (where as before I saw the last few minutes in HD)... I think the movie is actually good enough to warrant buying it on DVD to see it's full quality. I don't know if it actually comes in HD, but DVD is always nicer than a trasmitted signal... plus, I only ever rent shit, the only other DVD's I own are a Pink Floyd and Metallica DVD(s) so it says a lot when I actually want to buy one, because I just rent shit.

I don't really know what else to say though, I more just want to see what you guys have to say (Damn the Search button, for now)... I tell ya though, when Shia first meets Optimus and Optimus says in that wonderful voice "I... am Optimus Prime." I had fucking shivvers go down my back.

Not many movies actually move me to physical feelings anymore, and until this, I'd literally lost faith in Hollywood. Even if they are out of original ideas, if they can render something like that, out of all the other "Lets make peoples childhoods in to movies" movies (most of which are far below Par, IMO, and still waiting on The Dark Knight...) then they get my credit.

Also, I'm don't usually enjoy them taking the risk of a sequal ruining a perfect movie... and for all I know they're already planning one... but I'd be anxious for a Transformers sequal. They left a lot open with the ending line...

How cool would it be to see StarScream take over, or a war on Cybertron? Some shit like that, ya know? Or the auto-bots team up with the Beast-Wars era bots?

I'unno, I'm rambling now... all I know is it's an awesome movie, and it may finally give me justification for a Transformers symbol tattoo.

Edit; Should have known, they ARE making a sequal.

That means, maybe, just maybe.....;

[​IMG]

(Soundwave Reppin'.)

2. Fuck Transformers!!! :D

Now Voltron...THAT'S where it's at! I'm holdin for that movie...I know it's coming eventually. It's gotta be. Hollywood has no original ideas left so it's only a matter of time.

3. 1) Fuck YOU.

2) Voltron is the ultimate but you'll never make me think less of Transformers.

Ever.

EVER!

So don't even try.

Edit; They got away with Transformers. Would you really take the chance on them repeating their success with Voltron?

They'll ruin it in a heartbeat.

4. Ever?

5. Ever.

I just don't want them fucking with Voltron, it's too close to my heart; They got away with Transformers, have no idea how they did it, can only hope they do well on the sequal (though, much like Star Wars, the quality of the sequal will not be able to ruin the original, simply because more story needs to be told, good or not)...

Why would you ever trust Hollywood with Voltron? It's too risky.

6. Sheer, morbid curiousity and the fact that it's going to be done whether we like it or not.

edit: a quick Google search yields this startling discovery. Yep. There's gonna be a Voltron movie.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117970000.html?categoryid=13

Some good news here it seems.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/someone-has-read-the-voltron-script-and-says-its-great/

7. Aye, and there was going to be a Mainstream DBZ movie, and a Halo movie.

Now there isn't.

I'll believe it when I see it, ya know?

8. yes.

but in the meantime. you have reason to be afraid heh.

and I actually think they've restarted work on the Halo movie again after it lost steam. personally I couldn't give a shit less about the DBZ movie ever seeing the lgiht of day

9. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/

10. I'm Ron Burgundy?

http://www.halomovie.org/

"Halo Movie is an upcoming film based on the video game series Halo, developed by Bungie Studios.

The Halo movie is to be directed by Neill Blomkamp and executively produced by Peter Jackson. The Halo Movie had a target release date of summer 2008, however production was halted due to financing problems in October 2006.

Halo Movie is now due for release in 2009."

I know it's not like it's official or anything. but basically, IMO...it's prolly gonna happen. There's just oo much money to be made for it not to happen. It just may be a ways a fuckin way

11. Mweh, the way I see it; If Bill Gates wants something to happen then by god it's gon' happen.

And it isn't going to happen, at least in general knowledge...

I won't hold my breath for Halo.

Edit; Course that's only my idea, no doubt someone out there still wants to whore the idea for as much as they can get...

12. If you honestly don't think they're going to eventually adapt one of the most popular video game franchises of all time into a nice, pretty, blowy-uppy, CGI infested, summertime pop-corn action flick so they can make $175 million dollars in an opening weekend...I, sir, think you're crazy.

13. last night smoked 3 blunts at this party then we all watched this on showtime, lol. crazy shit

14. That I am.

I just don't see it going over without major Microsoft backing, and if they were in the game of that, it would have been done.

Edit; Anyway, enough offtopic chat.

^^^^^ I was blazing one with you guys $€Â®G1Θ, same channel, were probably watching it at the exact same time as me.

15. Theyve been filming scenes for Transformers 2 in my hometown this and last week. Megan Fox=sexxxy.

16. i loved the transformers movie. been watchin transformers since i was a little girl.

...also.... shia labeouf is fuckin hot.

17. legos are better :D:p

18. It is a pretty fun movie. And Shia's girl is SO SEXY. I think her name's Mean Fox or something.

It's not shocking you just saw it...hell, I have NEVER seen The Lion King and it came out in like 94. I gotta get on that...

19. This movie is fucking insane when you're extremely high and watching it in HD...I think I'll watch it on my upcoming acid trip :hippie: