Transferring Sprouts

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by maverick24, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Probably not a big difference but, would it be better to fill the pots with coco+perlite and let them drain for a few hours before transferring the sprouts so, I can water with PH'ed water or just do it immediately and water tomorrow?

2. coco is already pH'd between 5.5-6.5 .. im not 100% but google the brand you bought

Mine does not say. However, even if it was I mixed the coco and perlite with tap water PH was around 7

4. o i didnt know u mixed it with tap water already..you should use pH'd from the start yea sorry

5. Thanks, I think I will let the pots drain for a few hours, transfer the sprouts, and water with ph water.

6. Also watch out for some brands of coco are not thoroughly rinsed and will stunt or kill your clones.

This can be an expensive lesson.

I know canna coco is safe for immediate transplantation, but the Botanicare brick and another brand of bricks (I can't remeber) have burned my seedlings. 

Rinse and pH simultaneously w/ tap water beloow 250 ppm or RO. Distilled requires no pH adjudment for rinsing.