Transferring questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SnowCappedHills, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Hey grass city!

So my three plants are a little over three months old right now and very soon I'm putting them outside to grow for the rest of the summer.

They need to be transferred into a large container before i get them outside and I was just wondering about what was the best way to go about doing this? I am just a little nervous cause I have never done it before.

Also I am worried about putting them outside where they face the wind, animals, insects, weather, and possible cold nights or days of rain and hail. I know that those conditions can't be avoided but how do you think ultimately the plants will cope with the change? I try to get them outside to get use to it and enjoy some real sun as much as I can and they get about three hours of sun every day or every other day. When I do this they have been fine and only get sad looking when I put them in direct sun light for to long because they are so use to my CFL's and not the powerful rays of the sun. With water and some shade they perk right back up though. So I guess what I'm getting at here is that I just want some advise about going through with putting them outside. I already have a small fenced off section to hopefully deter animals from investigating (like Mt. Lions, Deer, and Elk). Also average daily temps are 75 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit, with average wind speeds of 10-15 mph with sudden gusts. Night temps drop to high thirties/low forties usually or high forties to low fifties on warm nights. Just trying to give y'all as much info as I can for some accurate suggestions and advise.

Thanks guys!

2. Hey man, hows it going. Transplanting is pretty easy;; Just take the pot and squeeze it a few times to loosen it up. You should be able to feel and tell that its loosened up from the edge. Then what i do is point the top of the plant away from me toward the ground and support the base with one hand and use the other to loosen the pot from around it. If its got roots around the pot it should all come out as one big rootball.

It sounds like your plants have probably been hardened off from previous outside exposure. But if your going with pots anyyways;; you might want to put the plants where they wont be in direct sunlight all day for the first few days of being outside. Theres some great threads around here that have homemade insect sprays that can be made for cheap. I think one was using a few dried chiles and blending them up and mixing with water and soap. Nature is tough;; but plants do pretty damn good at protecting themsleves. I didnt get a chance to check my outdoor spot for 2 weeks until last night. Trekking through the briars and shit wasnt fun but seeing those beautiful ladies sure was.
    Im sure theyll do fine!Good luck!