Transferring Advise

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tommyt916, May 20, 2008.

1. Hey Guys, my ladies are getting close to being 2 weeks old and I'm getting ready to transfer them. The current soil I have them in is garbage and I am putting them into much better soil. I appreciate any answers on the questions below thanks!

1)Should I transfer with my current soil wet or dry?
    2) MUST I put any of the current soil into my new fresh soil? (Or can I losen it from the root ball)
    3)Is it ok to transfer with the light (1000 MH) on?
    4) If I happen to break off a piece of the root, are the chances high that my plany will not make it?

Any other advise I should know about? Thanks

2. transplant w/ soil wet, u dont need to add the cheap soil to the good, nor do u have to loosen up the root ball. its best to transplant in minimul light, roots dont like light. if u damage the roots, it should survive, but it will prob stress them out, unless u really really damage the roots.

3. Thanks JC. I think I might not have given enough detail in my #2 question. Should I make sure the dirt in my current pot is dry (So most falls off the roots bacause I don't want any of it in the new soil) and just wet my new soil? Or does some of that old soil need to go into the new soil because its trapped within the rootball? Sorry if it sounds confusing.