Transferring a clone rooted in soil to coco

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IVXX LIFE, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Im a doing a cfl grow of 3 clones i got from a dispensary, they are in red party cups that they said had been rooting for about 3 to 4 weeks now, 2 are blue cheese, and 1 is called crystal mountain? anyways so i wanted to see if anyone knew if it would shock the clone in a negative way or something to transfer it to a coco coir nutrient mixture, i dont know since it's been rooting in soil, does anyone know?:hello:

2. there will be shock, but do what you have to do... it will be fine , just be gentle

3. Works fine, do it everytime

4. about how far into rooting are your clones usually when you buy em

5. It will make it! Just make sure you dip your roots to clean them in room temp. water. Then transplant and water in new soil mixture. Your plants will start growing again, may slow for a day or two. 18/6

6. werd thanks for the advice, on a side note, i really wanted to do LST but you cant with a clone lol, but definitely going to scrog it

7. [quote name='"IVXX LIFE"']werd thanks for the advice, on a side note, i really wanted to do LST but you cant with a clone lol, but definitely going to scrog it[/quote]

What makes u think u can't lst a clone? Scrog is a form of lst.... Low Stress Training.. As in training ur plant to grow a certain way without harming it like a supercrop

8. Mine are usually pretty rootbound by the time I transplant.
    You can wash off most of the soil and stick it into coco or it can go into coco straight. If not washing the soil off, just try to break up and spread the roots/soil.
    Either way they go into shock for a bit. I usually give them a dark period then 24/0 and in 3-4 days they are thriving.