Trainwreck.. Anyone ever heard of this??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Manic MC IE, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Well I'm about 54 days into flower.. La OG, shiva skunk, and trainwreck.. The SS and LAOG are about ready for flush.. But my question. I thought was odd

Has anyone ever heard of a 1 leaf plant?? Alot of my trainwreck leaves are only 1 finger.. Like 1 leaf..

Anyone ever heard about or seen this before??

2. I know trainwreck is supposed to be one of, if not the strongest strain around. I'm pretty sure it's should have a mimimum of three leaves.

3. Well of course there is 3 and 5 blade leaves scattered throughout.. I just thought it was weird because there's are some 1 blades near the top..

4. Did you miss a FIM cut? Or it's a little close to the light and stressed?

5. Some of my plants are like that. They got more and more blades per leaf, then started counting down to less and now have one blade leaves again. I've also had plants with genetic mutations that grew missing the middle blade of most leaves and deformed on others.

6. I might have missed a fim cut.. is there any negative effects of doing this? besides 1 leaf fans.. because the flowers are looking awesome.. especially for a long flowering sativa at 54 days

7. No it shouldn't hurt at all. I've seen people cut all but the middle blade off on purpose. They said the plant thought the whole leaf was there and still sent up nutes to feed a big leaf, but then the leaf didn't need it all so the excess went back to the buds. I don't know if it's true, but I know you don't have to worry. It's totally normal for plants to step down to one blade per leaf during flowering.