trainwreck 1000w DWC scrog

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by kindone, May 27, 2010.

1. Day 1 of 12/12. lets get this thing going.

Attached Files:

2. Day 14 of 12/12, they got a lot taller than I expected over the three days I spent up north for the fourth of july weekend. The bluetooth skyrocketed under the 600w and I damn near run outa verticle room. I turned my cooltube around so the bulb is at the opposite end and that helped alot. They have stopped stretching and I have a few more inches I can raise my light so I think I will be alright. That bluetooth has decent size buds started for 2 weeks. Wish I woulda got the 600w when I started talking about it a year ago.

Attached Files:

3. Day 21 of 12/12 and I've got spider mites bad. I should have noticed wayyyy earlier no question about it. I sprayed them all with a 3 in 1 spray and put a hot shot no pest strip up in the room. I know I know I dont like to use chemicals but I cant afford to lose this crop.Iam going to switch to neem oil and pull out the pest strip next week. That should give me at least another 4 weeks of no chemical exposure.

Attached Files:

4. Looks like they stretched quite a bit. Good thing you got your card, big risk w/o. I will be keeping up with your grow. Any pruning?

5. your plants are lookin good man, hopefully you wont have any more run ins with those damn spider mites. hows the og 18 coming along?

6. Definetly stretched alot more than I expected but I'll be ready next round. Real nice havin the card its the cheapest insurance I've ever had. The bluetooth was way ahead of the TW's so I topped it once and cut a couple of clones off of it but did no pruning with the TW's.

7. Damn spider mites, I never had a one until I got some clones from a friend and once they get in... Best advice I can give is inspect any new plants very good before you bring them in. The 18 is coming along nicely, a little heat stressed from my mothership ( I need to get some better ventilation in that thing) but she'll be ready for a couple of cuttings in a couple of weeks, just in time. I did top her once to get nice bush goin.

Attached Files:

8. Almost been a week since pest control and I have not been able to find a live bug since, hopefully it stays that way. Buds are startin to fill out.

9. Day 28 of 12/12 and moving right along. The bluetooth was just getting too damn tall so I took the branches that were getting too close to the light and just bent those bastards on their sides. They seem to be responding well, they keep fattening up. The trainwrecks look great considering the spider mite attack and I still cant find a live one.My grow is now 100% legal for the first time in years and thats pretty cool too. I looked up some info on this bluetooth and it is supposed to only flower for 44 - 52 days and I am interested to see if that really happens. Regardless I dont think I will be growing the bluetooth next round I will probably 86 the mom, there are just too damn many great strains out there to keep fuckin with it. Next round I will probably do 2 trainwrecks and 2 og kush # 18's. We'll see though.

Attached Files:

10. I have done some og 18 kush,it came as a freebie from attitude,it was an ok strain has nice sized buds and they get heavy,plant is unable to support it self,I was more pleased with the yield than I was the quality,I do like it better than the master kush though,its about a seven out of ten to me,its easy to clone ,that makes it nice

11. That is contadictory to what I have heard, I hear the quality of the # 18 is top notch but the yields are low. I will find out soon enough.Plants lookin good, the bluetooth looks like a classic indica and the trainwreck looks like the classic sativa. I will be eliminating the bluetooth mother from my collection as I think it is garbage. I have been smoking some that a friend grew out a few monthes ago and I,m not impressed. Taste and smell is not very strong or good. The only thing I think it has going for it is it early flowering period.

12. Just call your local dispensaries and ask them about their clones, I would research them online once you find out the varieties. I suggest a close to 50/50 strain and I would go slightly for yield over quality if its a home grow.

13. Day 35 of 12/12. Got some buds goin.I have been battling humidity like a SOB, keepin the dehumidifier most of the time. I think I have a small leak in on of my buckets that is saturating tha concrete one drop at a time. Hopefully after I harvest I will have time to finish up the room and cover the concrete walls and floors and get a little better ventilation goin.

Attached Files:

14. Holy shit it's a fucking jungle in there! Looks amazing bro! Can't wait to see it all done!

15. Thanks KOG its def a jungle in there, the scrog got a little out of control but thats alright next round I'll be a little more pepared.

16. Day 42 of 12/12. I bought a product called sugar daddy to gtry out with my flush. When I was growing in dirt I used mollasses and I was very pleased with the result. I'll see how I like this sugar daddy shit and what it does for me. Buds are densing up and getting heavy, so heavy that I had to lasso and hog tie those bitches so they wouldn't fall over, just another problem that arises when you dont control your scrog. The bluetooth is showing some amber trics I'd say between 5% and 10% and will be done soon. I'm ready to get this slop job done with so I can upgrade the room and get a clean one goin.

Attached Files:

17. don't sweet that screen i know growers that have grown for years and the train just runs them over that's why it's called TRAINWRECK she looks just like she should hell of a job

18. Expect thr trainwreck to grow really crazy. It stretches as it fills out. One day you will have a bunch of colas standing to attention... then the next day it looks like a freight train hit your grow room.

Ergo, the moniker Trainwreck.

You can tie the buds upright using strings... but Trainwreck is Trainwreck is Trainwreck. Grows all crazy and shit.

19. Yea I hear ya guys, the funk of the trainwreck is well worth any trouble though.