Trainspotting

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DutchX8, Jan 16, 2009.

1. I just watched this for the first time. What a strange movie. Good, but very strange indeed. Especially the toilet scene (you know which one i'm talking about), that was fucking DISGUSTING. But Danny Boyle is a great director, and overall I enjoyed the movie.

SPOILERS

Can somebody explain to me what happened to the baby?

END SPOILERS

2. Thats a great movie man, I think the baby starved or was sick and the mom had been too high to notice, either way its the saddest part of the movie.
    Begbie kicks ass though, ha

3. It's definitely a pretty great movie

As for what happened to the baby, it was just a matter of everyone being strung out on heroin for days on end and never checking up on the baby.

The first time I saw that movie, I had nightmares of that dead baby... But I saw it when I was like 12, so it's justified

4. I always start my T breaks by watching this movie. For some reason it helps.

Has anyone tried to read the book? they spell things like "Shyte, ah doon know" and its all spelled mad scottish.

5. Yeah that's what I was thinking, I was just wondering why its face was so blue and green. I thought maybe it ingested heroin or something and OD'd

6. i checked this movie out from the library and its due in a week. was wondering if i should make time to watch it?...

7. Awesome movie and a great book!

8. Fantastic film, saw it for the first time last year and i keep meaning to rewatch it, one of the few good things to come out of Scotland.. hah

Also begbie is a complete legend, what a nutcase.. also a great moment is when Spud has an interview and has to purposely not get the job, so he takes a line of speed. :)

9. YOUR LEASURE IS MY PLEASURE!

YOU ARE THE MAN IN THE CHAIR, AND IM JUST HERE FOR THE JOB (or whatever he says)

or when ol dude throws the half finished shot of liquor behind his back and busts the ladies head and kicks her husband in the nuts.

fucking crazy movie.

10. one of my favorite movies. so many great scenes
    it actually made me wanna try heroin

11. I guess you missed the whole point of the movie haha.

Definitely one of my favorite "drug movies"

One of the most real as well

12. my friend also said he wanted to try heroin after seeing the movie. i was like WTF DO YOU THINK THE MOVIE TELLS YOU? lol