Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Training your own drug dog

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by darkyetnotso, Oct 30, 2008.

1. I know a lot of you guys own dogs, but have you ever thought of training them to sniff out weed? it might be useful for figuring out ways to hide bud to transport or whatever. I don't own a dog yet but when I do I think i'm gonna train him to sniff out weed so I can test my hiding strategies.

Heres a collection of vids that show you how its done: http://www.expertvillage.com/video/21438_drug-dog-drugs-trained.htm

http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/1384_drug-dog.htm

What do you guys think?

2. lol, i got a black lab, which are fairly good for that sort of thing, but i never trained it for that lol..

you're like an evil genius...

i think you might run into a problem in that the dog will be overexposed to it and not react to it... ya know? i figure if its in ur house or near u it will be smelling it a lot... and therefore it wont be out of the norm for it...

it might work... it would be cool though, you could go looking for gorilla grows with ur dog :p

3. The only use of a drug dog for me would be using his sniffing abilities to find my lost stash.

4. I'd inevitably ending up getting really high and being a dick and going to look for people's outdoor grows. Then feel really bad in the AM.

5. yea that would be something i'd try. cause i mean if you are really high or just jones'n and you have a dog that can find weed i mean then you would be like ok if i find a grow ill only take a nug haha like thats how much you would actually take lol :devious: so i mean i guess i dont really need a drug dog. i like my dog who likes to sit by me when i smoke.

6. If you ever grow, he'll go insane.

7. My friend trained his German Shepherd using a similar method as shown in the Untrained Drug Dog Demonstration video on that expert village website.

He put a buncha holes in a small pill bottle then put a really stinky nug in it.

Then he put that pill bottle inside of a tennis ball with a buncha slits and holes cut into it.

He played with the dog using that ball for a week and then he left a nug out in a drawer in his desk (normally in an airtight mason jar in a safe) and the dog immediately found it, he was pawing and scratching on the drawer handle.

When I get a new dog when I move, I'll probably get a German Shepherd and train it the same way.

8. It would be useful to keep around if you needed to use it for commercial moving purposes..

9. I thought about this. My dog Polar Bear aka puddin' pops is way too inadequate to find me marijuana though. I know he likes it though =).

10. used to slice open a tennis ball, stuff a nug in it, and play with the dog. Then go to the woods some place you think someone might be growning, throw the ball as far as you can over the trees so he loses it, and hope he comes up on something besides your ball :D

11. Whenever people talk about doing this, I get this image in my head of a poor sad stoner frantically trying to find a new place to hide his weed because every time he gets a sack, his dog gets a hold of it and tears that shit up...

That may or may not actually happen. :p

12. i have totally thought of doing that. but i dont have a dog. if i had a dog i would. but first id have to figure out how to train him. ;)

13. i once had this ultra sketchy friend who successfully trained his dog to sniff out herb. he would bring the dog to parties, and steal the people's weed that the dog found.

14. In HS we had a teacher who trained his own drug dog, the thing used to try and bite my head off every time i walked by........

15. dude....im gunna do this, it'll be even better than a metal detector lol hahah go to the park or somthing and bring your drug dog....who knows what you'll find:D

16. I was training my dog to do this when she was a lil pup but she's becoming uninterested in it now maybe it's because I always push her away when I'm rollin' somthin'... but now I think about it was useless to teach her that.

now I'm teaching her how to track and find people.