Training plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by buckweed, Jun 27, 2019.

1. I've got two plants in the garden , I planted them too close together, didn't know how big they could get.
    I had four of them in that spot , two males removed so got more space in the back about 3-4 feet.
    Should I attempt at bending one of them backwards to give both more space and access to more light ?
    Any merit in doing that ? My first grow was thinking maybe leave them as is as long as I got some buds out of it or experiment a bit and try to get more ..

training.png

2. I'm all for gently bending them toward the open space.
    Maybe an inch a day...

3. I'm pretty rough with my ladies. Its early enough in the season if your plants are healthy a super cropped branch here and there won't hurt anything. The key to training is to not put too much strain where the branch meets the main stem. Outside that it's pretty much game on. Don't break branches off but if they kink they will likely be fine and congrats you just super cropped. The damaged part of the branch will heal and form a strong knuckle that promotes flow inside your plant. I have to keep my ladies under 6' and either they act right or they get a knee cap snapped. Here is a black diesel I did just that too yesterday. Also the 2x4 welded fencing is rad sauce for outdoor training and wind resistance as well. Best of luck

Attached Files:

4. Very
    Very nice grow, I think I should build something to better support the plants as well.

5. Thank you. Cages are by far the best method I've used outdoors. I did bamboo and lots of green tape last season to hold stuff up. The cages seem to do better because once you pull a branch through the cage it will be supported by the wire.