Training plants late in season?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Tweaky, Jul 27, 2010.

1. My plants are a month old, and are doing great, at least for my first grow i think, i'm growing in Ireland and i'm just wondering is it a good idea to start topping and/or fimming this late in the season? Like will they grow fast enough to make the yield any better since topping and that might set them back a bit each time? Strain i'm growing is purple power and they are about 35cm - 40cm high atm. How about LST? I only have 4 plants and I want to try and help them do the best they can :D

2. lst rules. nuff said.

3. Yea, i'm up for trying lst on one of the plants.. being my first grow, ill try something different on all of them perhaps. But good idea when they have only a month and a half to maybe 2 months left, max?

4. I'm LST'ing my clones right now and they are a few months old to say the least. I got them in pots and out in the sun around the first week of june. And I lst'd them a couple weeks ago and it worked out great, except for on one plant, I could have bent it a better way but the whole stem/stock is too stiff the bend over now, this is my first grow as well, it's interesting to see how rapid these clones grow, lots and lots of nodes and stems, they are pretty bushy. Im not sure if it's too late to fim them, they only get about 7-8 hours of direct sunlight a day.

5. top them then tie the main branch down to the side.

when u cut it, the whole plant starts trying to grow out of every node instead of the top, and since u have it tied down, these nodes are getting sunlight. u'll start seeing shoots pop up like crazy

6. Thanks ppl, so lst, way to go hands down then, i was waiting for someone to say dont cut anything and NoCalcann (and ur grow is lookin great man ;)) did so that finalises it for me :) tide high, thats also sounds like an idea, ever compare your yeild to just lst without topping it first? And greendragon, be happy for your 7-8 hours of direct sunlight! :) living in ireland suck balls :(

7. Yeah topping or cutting wont help with yeild this late in the season cause they need an a few days to recover and they get set back a bit so just LSt them gals and you will see dramatic difference within days. I tie my main down to a tent stake at a 40-45* angle and I re-tie em if the main top gets taller then the side branches that are growing up so the top is evenish.

8. Cool, cheers for clarifying that, i'm gonna go very shortly and get stuff together and get workin on these girls! :)

9. Thanks tweaky I tried counting the tops I lost count around 30!:eek::p