Training Monster Cropped plants

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DoDad, Apr 1, 2019.

1. I have some clones growing I took from flowering plants and they are doing well.

Do I top these like regular plants?

How's the best way to train in or maximize yield when using monster cropping?

2. What does the node spacing currently look like? How long (on average) is the internode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ha!. It looks like a mess. They are still small. I was thinking I would top after the 5th node is grown and cropped down to the 3rd node as usual. Is there some reason I should not top a monster cropped clone?

4. first off what's your goal ? . yield or quality . often flowering clones cut in late flower are harder to start but auto branch easy this means you don't need to top or fem them at all .. you can but it will branch out normally the idea of cloning in the last two weeks just before harvest can give you two main things a solid structure in multi branching and quality control the stepping stone to potency.. how I find it often people want to build quality and potency to their strains but don't really have the skill set to do it .. here is how a Connoisseur breeder dose it .. this is my way for my type of strains .. so there are most likely many good ways this is just the way I find good results ..I cut in late flower last week just before harvest . I cut clones with small buds on them I leave those buds till the clone takes . and that's about 50% of the over all clones taken .. but your not looking for ratio . your looking for the stronger flowered clones ,next when that clone is ready to harvest your only going to harvest about 1/2 of the plants yield . and leave the rest on the plant your going to invest that in your mother to up grade the potency and qualities of your mother ,how dose this work see a plant draws sap from its lower branches and leafs when it starts to finish flowering its growth rates climb and draw more from its stored supplies in the lower branches . if we leaf Buds on the plant it feeds from buds the same way it will from leafs . those un slightly yellow leafs at the pre - harvest , it will drain those buds and feed that higher qualities to the new growth building a strong base for stepping up the grade of your strain traits ..you can always build yield traits in a strain after you have a strain worth the time to do so ...I grew out a mother 4 times flowering her out and feeding her qualities and production of potency . and the out come was amazing ...this works it takes time and hard work but dose 100% build qualities and potency ...note I am a cold temp grower and master breeder .my strains are quality & potency first always before yield .. good luck ..