Training A Dachshund To Sniff Out Weed?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by chrisdrew73, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Ok..So I know I have a lot of weed in my carpet, under furniture, and shit all over the house, but Im not gonna comb my house with a magnifying glass. Anyone think I could train my dachshund to sniff it out and like...alert me to its presence? lol

2. lol how much weed do you leave behind furniture and in your carpet? is your daschund a puppy? cause its a hell of a lot easier to train dogs when they're puppies. it doesn't seem worth it to spend all that time training your dog to sniff out a little bit of bud around your house. just go look, and if you have to use a magnifying glass to find it, probably not worth it, you'd be better off just buying more lol

3. no hes 6 years old and pretty stubborn to train to do basic dog stuff such as, not shitting on the floor lol. it just popped into my head and seemed like a good idea at the time..probably because i was stoned haha

4. Makes sense to me. I say you should give it a try

5. Do you have a cat? My cats are fucking insane about weed. If it's in the spare room they'll scratch at the door all day until you finally let them in. You'd have to watch them close though and grab the weed once they find it. Mine have a nasty habit of eating it...those bastards.

6. I do not have a cat...but my neighbor does. And its one of those overly friendly cats that act like dogs. The cat seems to love the smell of weed because Ill be on the backporch smoking and hell just come out of nowhere meowing and rubbing against my legs. Maybe i should try to train him to do it