Train Wreck under flouros

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TonyBalogna, Jan 24, 2009.

1. I got about 300 beans of Train wreck for christmas. I was bored so for a winter project I stuck a couple of them in my closet to see if they were in fact trainwreck. They are are already in flower and luckily I have 2 out of 2 fems. I'm planning on sticking my legal limit outside in about a month! I'll grow journal that when the time comes. I'm no stranger to the cannabis so advise is welcome for what it's worth. I just thought I'd share and get some feed back because this strain is relatively new to me and with as many beans as I have of it,it's gonna be my freind for hopefully forever. They are at 8or9 days into flowering in fox farm (MAN $22 a bag!.......for dirt!) Good dirt I know.I know...
    I needed alot for spring any ways. I don't just grow stash neither. And Tiger Bloom (the clerk keeps pushin Flora Nova Bloom on me but I'm not ready for change yet) cost an arm an a leg also. And Cha Ching for late flower(Really does boost resin production alot! ALOT!) And I'm going to try Citrus flavor SWEET. I used the berry on some out door haze a few months back and think it's equal to molasses but has a few other goodies in it that enhance flavor alot if used properly. It's great to have a dro store (2 of them) in town.
    Good and Bad 031.jpg

Good and Bad 028.jpg

Good and Bad 037.jpg

2. Is 20,000 lumens enough? I'm growing them in a space 22 inches deep 30 inches wide and 27 inches tall but can be adjusted higher if need be. I have two flourex 65 watt floods(Blue spectum cools)two 42 watt adjustable flouros(warm reddish spectrum)and two ? watt T5 plant spectrum (they look Ultra violetish) color tubes. I've LST'd them from the begining of flowering to control the heighth. But it seems like if it is Trainwhizzle it's living up to it's name as vine like plant with hell of alot of vigor. I have a tray of beans ready to go outside but my excitement is with my indoor experiment at the time being. So anyone let me know if this is enough light to produce descent buuuud. I'd say it's like 250 watts of flouro at three different spectrums. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. :confused: Any advice?

3. Good and Bad 043.jpg
    All is well this morning. I think it's trainwreck after all. It smells lemonish and is a strikingly bright green color. I like it none the less. Any ways off for my morning toke and coffee. (get my heart racing good inthe morning). Cheers!

Attached Files:

4. nice small simple grow. For flouros id say your doing really good. They definitely look like trainwreck to me and from the smell yyou describe that would be right on target. Good job I am looking forward to your outdoor grow

5. Well some better photos.I'm going to post them for all to see as well as for me to see it's progression for future grows. I'm also logging my feeding schedule so I can keep them right at max nute uptake while keeping the P.H. right in the soil. I personally try to keep all the fan leaf tips glowing and no sign of twisting or curl. Wish me luck. Sativa dom under flouros. New to me.
    Good and Bad 054.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Thank you. And I'll let you know when I get out side. I love growing moster bushes. It's fun to be sleep deprived trimming your ass off and inspecting every bud one at a time man that is an addiction to me and I admit it to the fullest. I'm going to put half trainwreck and half Arjan's ultra haze because it did so well last year. Are you gonna stick anything outside this season?

7. Those are lookin good Tony:hello: 20,000 lumens should be enough to produce some decent buds. Check my trainwreck out on my thread if you want to..she currently has 55,000 lumens on her, but I used CFL's for the first four weeks of flowering because I couldn't afford a HPS in the beginning. I had 20,800 lumens the first 4 weeks of flowering which is pretty much what you have..you'd be suprised at what you can get out of fluros.. I think ur doing a great job..keep it up buddy!:smoke:

8. Thank you. I'll get me a 400 watt interchangeable MH/HPS after this upcoming outdoor session. You got a nice journal going there. I'll stop in daily and see what's goin' on.

9. #9 TonyBalogna, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    Well they are moving right along. The corkscrew shape of the plants from gradual bending doesn't seem to be interfering with their progress. It's also made it easier to park light right on the under growth, it seems to be working. I moved one for the photos but the bulb in the picture sits right in the center of all the buds on the lower half of the cork screw. The bud sites are literally growing around the bulb and the big CFL's also beam from above to take care of the top half. I'm trying to use as much of the lumens as possible. This is fun. It's like organic Tetris. A month and a half give or take a few days to go!
    Good and Bad 066.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Few days later. Starting to smell pretty rank. I like it. The buds are begining a growth spurt. They are definately two seperate phenos. ones got long x-mas tree style buds. And the other has round short and fat buds. They are both from the same seed stock. Same leaf style and shape. Just different budding traits. They smell identical. I post a couple pics of the two.
    Good and Bad 073.jpg

Attached Files:

11. I got the christmas tree pheno..Im loving the ranky smell man!!:hello:

12. I am happy with the trainwrecks. But my little haze pole plant is taking off with some astounding speed. And I have a new HOG clone in there now as well. I picked up the clone because it was so bonsai and ready to flower. I'm really happy with it.
    Good and Bad 078.jpg

Attached Files:

13. It's getting full in there. Two trainwrecks and a personally crossed experiment and a new HOG clone. I put six 45 watt straight bars one in each corner of the box and two in the center (hanging down) and two 65 watt security floods beaming from above. I get blinded trying to look in there. It's like 400 watts of flouro now I think that should be enough. And I can keep temps at 75-78 constant. I'm ready to stick something different in there. A short stout indica. Don't get me wrong sativas are my fav to smoke but indicas pack the weight and look bitchin'. Plus I can keep heighth down alot eaisier. HOG is my new indica experiment. Let's see how the trainwreck finishes and then I'll move the HOG into the spotlight. I'll try to get some closeup pics of the T.W. it will start to change cool spectral green colors as it uses up the last of nutes in the next three weeks and will pale out and turn grey with resin. I'll hit it with one last sweet water next week. Then flush away!
    :smoking:

Attached Files:

14. Good and Bad 093.jpg
    THis one of the two trainwrecks. This one is going to keep on the nutes. It doesn't show any sign of maturity yet. I usually wait for the calyxes two swell before I consider them "getting there". I'll post some of the other plants soon.

Attached Files:

15. Every day closer to the chop. Flush, watch, flush, wait, about a week to go and the calyxes are swelling and more hairs are turning brilliant red everyday. Timing is paramount! Some pics of different things!
    Good and Bad 103.jpg

Good and Bad 105.jpg

Attached Files:

16. I'm happy. Thank you. It's a small space so anything out if it is more than I hoped for.

17. New pics for today! Getting closer! About eight days to pick! And the plants are begining to go into full yellowing! AHHHH! The taste of herb fully flushed and nothing but it's own goodness to inhale! Nice clean white ash is what I strive for in the finish! My experiment has worked! But now it's time to prepare the yard! Bubblegum, (WC)SourDeisel, HOG, and grandaddy purps is on the roster for the TonyBalogna backyard bash this season!
    All clones from my club!
    Good and Bad 119.jpg

Good and Bad 117.jpg

Attached Files:

18. Micro gardening is fun but I like to do it big a couple times a year as well.
    Victorias first day 043.jpg
    Sept. 08 Arjans' Ultra Haze

19. I'm going to my club today and I got them holding me 2 bubble gum, 2 heavy duty juicy fruity, a (WC) Sour Deisel, and a Grandaddy Purp! Man I love my club! Medical patients Unite! Marijuana March MAY 2 & 9 2009 In a city near you! Look it up!