train hoppers

Discussion in 'General' started by b to the lunt, Nov 16, 2012.

1. have any of you guys seen or met a freight hopper in these days and times? anyone here been part of the culture in their life? im curious as to if anyone has met anyone who still does it. crazy bunch of people man, hardcore people.

2. Nope, I still have my sanity intact. :cool:

3. People still do it but usually just when they are trying to get across the country. I don't think it's anywhere as bad as it was when train were at their peek. not as many hobos walking the tracks as much anymore either.

4. i occasionally will see a cargo door open,,

and a dude riding there, with his legs blowing in the wind,

i could very easily see myself doing it,
    you just got to have a lot of good skills under your belt, so you can easily land a job, at any given city that you decide to '' bail-out''<

5. Idno if you'd call 'em "Train-Hoppers" but I see the same bum's down the T lines almost everyday..that shits kinda just a way of life for some people.
    The damn MBTA workers don't even bother to fuck with 'em anymore, I mean I never pay for the damn train but still..these fools literally post up on the trains from start to finish all day, don't even get off sometimes. Nevermind the ones that just sleep down in the subway stations..but since we don't have box cars 'nd shit I wouldn't really call 'em "Train-Hoppers", also 'cos they never really leave the city:laughing:

If I could hop my ass on a box car to Canada I would, much rather just throw my hands up and say fuck it with my daily routine and just leave..man I wish...

6. I'd have to say this is the dumbest thing people can do. You slip of the car, you're dead, or at the very least missing a limb. We sure don't want to find your dead body laying cut up on the tracks.

7. shit man, i dont think any-one is dumb enough to get that far over the edge of the car,,,,,

unless a blind man was train-hopping,?

sounds to me like you may be a little afraid of '' ADVENTURE'' being young, and grabbing life by the ball's and doing the un-imaginable,

i bet you'd never hitch-hike on the interstate across country either would you?

:eek: i mean just think of all the bad thing's that could happenby doing that!!!!!!!:eek:

you could be picked up, by 2 old cougars who had plenty of money, and provided you with a room, for the night,and some hot PUSSY,:D

8. I used to play in a state park that ran trains through it in Maryland.

We would run and grab onto the cars and ride them through the park a bit, and then walk back.

Was fun, I felt like fucking Tom Sawyer for a second there one time.

lolol

9. #9 gobble wobble, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    Slipping off a car has nothing to be with someone being dumb. If only you knew man. I work with this every day, you don't know how easy it can happen. You don't have to be near the edge of the car to fall off. Natural selection taking its course I guess. I sure wouldn't feel sorry for you if I found you with your leg missing because you were riding on a train

I'm actually going to travel the world soon, working in different places so I can make it to my next destination. Don't know how I'm going, or where im going,
    but it's happening. How's that for adventure.

10. it sounds really cool.... ive traveled europe in the late 80's early 90's. when i was in the army,

just dont go near any countries that dont like you because your a american [ im thinking ]?

but europe is very nice to travel, and the people are very friendly,

and the clubs are off the chain,:smoking:

11. I'm a Canadian! As far as I know we're liked in most places.

I'm really looking forward to it, gonna be a grand ole time

12. I don't know anybody that has done it but I would like to do it at least once.

13. I've personally never seen any rail hoopers in the yard, but my friends dad is a conductor and talks about em all the time. He came across 25 Harvard students all huddled around a can of beans before. Said they were riding the rails all acrossed America for summer vacation. If I knew enough about where the trains go i think it would be a blast.

14. when i was 12-13 a friend and i used to hop a train an go about a mile to a little patch of woods to go hunting. how stupid we were. i was carrying a single shot mossberg shotgun with one hand and would run alongside and grab the ladder rung and jump on. few things. sloping rock bed and that ladder rungs higher than it looks from a car! very stupid thing to do

15. do you plan on going over the ocean? be it the atlantic, or pacific,,,,

going either way would be cool.

one way throws you to europe,

and the other way throws you more to the oriental side of the globe,

if i were going to go over the ocean,,, i 'd try to do it, on a ocean liner, or a big cargo ship,,,, headed in my direction,

or evena fishin g boat,,, will move you about,,,

just know how to snare a animal, and if need be, to eat road-kill, if your in the middle of nowhere, with your thumb out<:smoking:

16. Some of my friends were studying abroad that are from Calgary and they said someone mugged them and took their passports etc in Asmterdam.

They opened the passport, realized they were Canadians, and gave it back to them.

You guys are lucky.

17. Yo you guys should check out a documentary called "Craigslist Joe"

Dude goes across the country and back only from the generosity of people over craigslist.

He only had one night that he didnt find a place to sleep and that was literally the last day of the movie when he had returned to California O.O

18. Badass!

19. I met this big time heroin addict in the mental hospital who was always talking about hopping trains and shit.

20. Not my story, but a guy I know picked up a hitch hiker that did that shit. This may or may not be factual, this hitch hiker was a fucking nut. But he said that they have stepped up security lately and they will literally beat the shit out of you if they find you, some of the security at the bigger stations have AR-15's. He said he lived his life on the trains not because of necessity but he thought it was fun. He self glossed himself as Hollywood and he was a flaming homosexual. He told a good story though.