Train Hoppers Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Tailz, Jun 11, 2013.

1. yea the souths cool... ;)

Dude, your dog is awesome. I have an ACD too, but he's blue. I can only imagine that they'd make the best travelling partner. Makes me want to grab Nelson and hit the road. :smoke:

Man... your experiences are beyond inspiring. Thank you for sharing some of your stories. Can't wait to hear more.

3. Awesome post man glad I came across this one. I have definitely been considering doing some hopping myself. One of my greatest passions is graffiti which coincides with freight trains. I'm guessing you at least have met or know a writer. If you haven't written or aren't a writer yourself? I live in Massachusetts just wondering if you have ever taken a train out here if so which line? 

4. i love the graffiti, my favorite is stinky stew.. think he moved on cause we havent seen a stinker in a year or so, used to see em everyday....

one bud at a time

5. #105 Tailz, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
    thanks!!
    I'm a native new englander myself.
    Use to paint for yrs.
    Traveling and painting never worked for me cause cans of paint are heavy.
    But always had my pilot with me.
    I've riden every line there is out that way.

6. #106 Tailz, Jun 18, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. im sooo glad i remembered to keep up with this thread. i need to google more epic train shots... 

8. Very interested un this thread...

9. truly jealous dude!!!

10. Sounds interesting. I've been wanting to try something like this for a while now but I've had no idea how. I imagine myself trying to jump on the train and slamming into the side of one of the cars.

11. how do you go about hopping on a train in the pnw? just go meet some experienced hobos?

12. #113 Tailz, Jun 18, 2013
    very carefully...;)
    Meeting fellow travelers would help yes..
    Watch the videos I posted in thread.
    Should help give you an idea.

13. I have a question, do you think an average person could learn to do this and be successful with no background knowledge?
    And, if one was to begin riding and decided to ride alone, do you think they would meet any people?

The whole thing interests me, I'm not sure if I could travel like that in this life time, but it sounds amazing.

14. no I don't think the "average" person could live like this.
    A few jumps yea..

15. Awesome thread man. It allows me to vicariously live through hearing your experiences :D I'd never be able to do something like this but the idea behind it is some interesting stuff.

16. Tailz, you're a freakin' badass!

This is so cool and inspiring... Somehow I couldn't see myself doing this, although the drifter lifestyle has always captured my attention.

I'm enjoying the stories and looking forward to hearing more :)

17. #118 Tailz, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
    Thanks everyone for the kind words.
    But let me say I'm not tryin to glorify this in any way.
    Yea its fun, a rush, free travel, ect...
    But there's a lot of heartache and pain when it comes to living on the road.
    dealing with the elements, solitude, hunger, exhaustion, ect...
    I did it not for the sake of experience. But because homelife was terrible and I needed to run...
    I can honestly say its harder more then its easy.
    So if any of you are seriously considering this.
    DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

18. I wonder if there are train hoppers in other countries that have trains that go over 100 mph. That would be intense as fuck.

19. hahaha,
    High-speeds would be crazy...
    That train in japan does like 120.
    If u got in between cars in the middle,
    Probley could ride it cause they are so aerodynamic...
    One mistake though.........