Train Hoppers Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Tailz, Jun 11, 2013.

1. hahahaha, well...
    My dog personally loved and lived for this..
    He would get ready to run as the brakes aired up before trains starts moving..
    We don't "catch on the fly" often...
    As far as getting off.
    We do the bag test first..
    Throw your bag see how many times it roll..
    Helps judge speed.. (kinda)
    Then grab him and jump simultaneously. ..

2. Gez how could you even do all that being dope sick all the damn time, I would have to be clean to go do something like that.
    </blockquote>prepare prepare prepare...
    But ya, they where some truly spirit crushing times...

3. Well that's just bad ass. Sweet pictures :). Dunno if I'd have cajones to jump on a moving train haha. Itd have to be a good reason

4. #24 Tailz, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    my dog ghost (austrailian cattle dog)..  :love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Are the other people you meet doing this a danger? I read about Charles Panzram who was a train hopper back in the 1800s and he was a notorious murderer and rapist.

6. #26 Tailz, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
    some can be yes,
    but so could your neighbor...
    i personally didnt like traveling with people.
    dont trust people generally so.
    but yes alot of people are running from something.
    alot of these people are great though.
    they ride cause they wanna live their own life.
    free from society.
    ive met some of my best friends riding.
    so it goes for anywhere you are,
    trust your instinct, its usually right..

7. How much pussy is involved in that life

8. ive had my share.  :laughing:

9. [​IMG]

10. Forcing a dog to jump of a moving train. Animal abuse and discussion of other drugs. Might wanna edit some posts.. 

11. #31 Tailz, Jun 12, 2013
    ive heard the dog abuse thing...
    people have called on us before..
    whatever, i love my dog and would die for him as he would me.
    dogs are a product of thier enviorment. this dog lived in a crackhouse and was starved next to death
    when  i rescued this dog as a 7 week old puppy and nursed him to the brilliant dog he is today
    the bond us travlers have with our dogs is like no other you will ever see
    the companion ship and constant love you share, the only thing got me through it..
    hes still here living in a nice home with a yard.
    with 3 kids and 2 cats so...
    as far as drug abuse i been on this forum for sometime and have had drug discussions..
    i think if i can share my grow on here i can say i was previouly addicted to something else.
    but am now recovered..
    im not on here hustling bro
    jus sharing my story.
    if you dont like it dont read it..
    thats the beauty of our free world...

[​IMG]

12. when you train hop from like montanna to canada, they don't check for illegal immigrants do they?

13. ok So I have no knowledge of this at all. Its something that has grasp my interest before.I am curious first how do you know where they  are going. And as far as timelines go how do you judge it. I personally would love to experience this.

14. they are cracking down on it now from what I hear... but yea u can boarder hop undetected if u know what your doing..

15. #36 Tailz, Jun 12, 2013
    couple ways to navigate..
    There's a travelers book called a "crew change" tells u where every yard in the country is and crew switch times. Also a lot of lil info according to yard. (Hiding spots entry points yapping dogs in neighboring houses ect..) Its been written and revised over the years by travelers. Its also been outlawed by obama and is only acquired through fellow travelers now. Because frieghter hopping can be considered a terriost act.
    Also this is why u need a phone nowadays..
    There's numbers on the sides of the frieght cars.
    There's a telephone number to call in crew change, enter in box car Id# number tells you where and when its going..
    Also you'd be surprised but a lot of the yard workers are very helpful..

16. Congrats man i'm doing a coast to coast then around the world and trip all the way.

17. Have you ever got attacked? Got in a fight? Robbed? Police encounters? Crew members who try to get you off?

18. yes to all the above...

19. Before trains leave the yard a "bull" or yard police drive along trains with long poles with mirrors on them. Also they now have these thermal scanners at some yards the train pulls through..

You soon will not be able to do this at all anymore..

Figured why I'd start the thread