Tragedy in the tent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nocturna1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. First time grower here- Somehow I managed to experience two of a grower's worst nightmares in a matter of minutes. Background info: 8 weeks in on northern lights autos (late flower)

So I was inspecting the lower portion of my plant, notably the popcorn nugs (I haven't lollipopped no). I was shocked to see what seemed to be pollen sacs growing on one of the popcorn nug branches. Well if I'll be damned, the last thing I need is a hermie this late into flower. But I figured if I just cut the branch it would be no problem. I of course immediately trimmed it off and inspected the rest of my tent for any similar culprits. Upon inspecting, I tried to gently pull back the same cola that had the hermie on it and ended up snapping the entire branch off the main stem :eek2: The branch had been snapped for 0,5 seconds before I secured it back into place and made sure it was well re-connected with some masking tape within arms reach. It's been a few hours, and so far so good.

My question is: do you think the plant will recover? Or is the cola I snapped off screwed? It was really fat so I'm trying to stay optimistic :oops: Pics are attached

Happy toking, and thanks for any input :weed:

Attached Files:

2. Cut your losses and remove it and watch the rest flourish, autos have no time to recover from breaks they'll push all their energey i to the fix and waste valuable time
    Cut it off

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3. So it's just stunted right? The thing is I'm going on a trip in some time when I'll be drying everything anyway, and won't be able to start a new grow until after I'm back. Wouldn't it be worth it just to wait the extra days/weeks it takes to repair itself?

4. Also what about the hermie stem? Should I worry at all as long as I cut it off? Couldn't find any articles about it online, they always say to just avoid

5. Any time I've broken or cracked an "auto"
    I just cut it off , it sets the plant back no matter what you do cut or tape , if you cut the rest of the plant can flourish if you tape it will spend extra energy trying to repair the break which usually doesn't turn out too great.
    I am only speaking from experience.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk