Tragedy and an Inquiry

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Dopethrone420, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Well, last night I broke a piece for the first time. This piece happened to be the first piece I ever owned. Shit sucks bad. But now I need some help. One day when I was high I bought a bong for way more then I should have payed. It looks decently cool, but I broke the bowl. I'll have ~4.5g and a week with nothing to do other then smoke it, so I need a new bowl. The bong itself is the rubber grommet kind with a glass slider (like the one in the picture). As far as I can tell, these come in two sizes: 9mm and 12mm. I need help figuring out how I measure my down-stem to get the correct size.

The bowl/downstem looks like this
    [​IMG]

TL;DR how do I measure a downstem from a rubber grommet bong to figure out what bowl size I need to buy?

2. There isn't any picture, at least as far as I can tell. But to answer your main question, pull out a measuring ruler. If its .9cm then its 9mm, and if its 1.2cm then its 12mm. I can confirm that as I just pulled out my ruler and both my slides measure at .9cm.

3. dude just spend an hour in the garage and make something. A slide should be fairly easy to make. Stay away from stuff thats toxic if smoked.

You could also carve one out of wood.

You cant go to a headshop and get a $10 slide?

4. Mardhyn-thanks for the response. I assume I measure the thinner end of the downstem?

Hydroriffic-I'm buying one, but I need to find out what size of bowl I need.

5. Of my downstem? I threw out the broken bowl.

6. Yup, the bowls obviously vary too much between slides to be any help in measuring the circumference needed.

@ Hydro

A grommet style slide is anywhere from five to thirty bucks at my LHS, and on the internet probably just as cheap. If worst comes to worst custom order a grommet slide from etsy for cheap.

7. It measures out to 9mm, I'll post a pic if someone tells me how.

8. Well if you took a picture with your phone you will either need a cord to connect it to the PC, or send it through a picture message to your e-mail. For a camera you need a cord, unless somehow your camera can text or connect to the internet.

After that just upload it to like photobucket or imageshack. There may be a stoner image uploading service I'm not aware of too.