Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trading bud for bud?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Just one more, Oct 18, 2013.

1. So basically:
    >started growing
    >loved it
    >saved a bunch of money from not going to dealers.
    >getting bored of same strain
    >start unintentionally stockpiling(got a few pounds)
    >slowed down smoking because boredom of strain
    >should I approach growers And trade bud?
    >I do have quite a bit but obviously don't want to trade my carefully grown dank equally for schwag
    >Would buy seeds but the whole reason I started growing was to save money
    >any ideas?

tl;dr - got a lot of bud but bored of strain should I trade growers for different strains?

2. You could always make some bho an smoke that for awhile then go back to bud an just go back an forth from each

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Don't try it, it's a bad idea. If the wrong people find out (and trust me there's plenty) you will have your doors kicked through and they will rob you. It's not uncommon for grows/stash houses to get robbed is it? Keep it quiet unless you have a friend who happens to grow then i'm sure that'll be okay.

& You said saved money from not going to dealers, so I guess it's not legal where you are?

4. Don't answer that. Smells too much like bacon

5. Just invest in some seeds man

6. Any suggestions? Auto flower preferable..

7. #7 Ganja ☤, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
    > you could just give it all to me> or get over it and smoke the weed> trading bud is a stupid idea> just buy seeds> if you are really tired of that strain, seriously, Ill take it off of your hands

8. invest in one pack of random seed strains, feminized or not, so you can either clone and have a bunch of strains to grow with, or unfeminized and you can start making cross breeds with the males you get, and you can make your own strains 

9. Good idea thanks bro
    I've wanted to get into cross breeding for a while and heard a lot of good things thanks man ;)

10. no problem, do some research, its possible to give certain colas seeds and the rest unseeded if done right and well

I'm hoping some more males of my new seed pack come out male, i wanna make some cross strains from these sour OGs.. Sour Dream... sour strawberry OG... sour bubba...

11. #11 Hypoxic, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    If you are growing you really shouldn't have any problems with variety.  After all you are in complete control of what you harvest.  This is my first grow and I only went with 1 strain so that I could learn easier.  My plan going forward is to run 2 strains, an indica dominant hybrid and a sativa dominant hybrid so that I can change depending on needs.

Also try changing how you smoke it or take it in.  Like if you only smoke joints, switch to a bong, you'll feel like its stronger because you will change the ratio of cannaboids that you are getting.  I switch methods every couple weeks and you definitely feel it more those first couple days as your body acclimates to the new method.

I would never try and trade bud, number one rule of security is not to let others know your growing because than you have to think and worry about people possibly busting in your place in the night and robbing you.  Hell I go so far as to still buy small amounts from my old contacts just to throw them off the scent so that they don't wonder why I dropped off the face of the earth and than theorizing that i'm growing.  No one suspects someone buying weed of also growing so instead of trading just call up someone and buy a little bit to break up your tolerance to what you have stockpiled.

12. I would say an only situation in which a trade bud for bud would work would be like if you had a friend that grows too and willing to trade like an oz or whatever for the same amount of your stuff. 
    Otherwise, asking some grower might be odd. Just make more friends in the business! 

13. If you really wanna get rid of it and want new bud I wouldn't just trade it.. Sell it to people, and use the money you get to buy different bud. And at the same time, work on getting some new seeds, ask your friends or dealers you know; someone's bound to have some seeds laying around :)

14. You sound like a cheap ass if you got pounds of weed from your grow, just sell a zip of the weed n buy some seeds.

15. And you sound paranoid, u still buy off dealers just because you believe they might clock on that your growing. Lmao!

16. Ive traded bud with growers before, but only with close freinds though. Im older though, and none of my freinds are going to throw away their life to rob me.

17. #17 morange, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    Ive done a few small trades in the past, like an oz for an oz. It's never really an ideal situation to be in considering the shit I get in return is never as good as what I trade. Only time I do it is when I am sick of the strain(s) I have and for whatever reason I haven't started new ones yet.

It's way better to just grow your own variety though, this is how my 'fair' oz for oz usually goes (but hey I agreed to it);
    [​IMG]

I give 28 gram of the left buds (rocklock) for 28 gram of the right buds (grandaddy purple).

That's what the weed from the west coast looks like when it finally gets here haha.

18. #18 Hypoxic, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013

Yeah when you have multiple dealers calling asking if you have a med card and a care giver you'd probably want to protect your safety too and not let them know or think you have a grow.  Especially when they all know where you live.  If protecting myself and my family makes me paranoid than so be it.  And I said small amounts, once a month I might hit em up for an 1/8 or a 1/4...oh and it provides variety which the OP is having an issue with...

I'm sure you'd want to make sure people who are not the most up and up people around to know they are losing your business and you have plenty of bud on hand.

Ohhh I see the KannibisKing can't even put some info in his profile...who's the paranoid one now?  You are the undisputed King of Marijuana...you can't even put the general location of your castle in your profile?  And i'm the paranoid one?  Lol go back to your homework kid...

19. Just dont let people know where you live simple. If you take the risk todo something you shouldnt fear while doing it if that makes sence? Family is everything but dont get me wrong dude I wouldnt grow if I had a family anyway.

20. If you can legally grow and have a med card you should have no worries.