TP's Pursuit of Happiness 2013

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ThePot, May 2, 2013.

1. The Constitution only guarantees you the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

Back 5 years ago when I first started indoors, it was almost entirely to (hopefully) end up with some free weed and know that I had the ability to grow it to the end. 5 years later, growing to me is about so much more. Gaining knowledge, being outdoors, being alone in the woods, growing organically, staying busy and productive, and above all, doing something that I truly enjoy and that truly makes me happy :) So that's what it's all about this year!

I know a lot of you can probably relate, and lets get serious; who would haul soil, plants, water, and equipment through the woods and swamps, ticks, bugs, poison ivy and thorns and all that shit if they didn't enjoy it at the end of the day lol

ANYWAY... I finally got my shit together on this 75 and sunny May day. Did a lot of prep, hopefully finish most of it tomorrow? Gonna be keeping the main spot from last year (hopefully), along with 3 other great looking spots, room for plenty of plants. Genetics are going to be mostly bagseeds with maybe 1-3 strains from last year. Unfortunately I have no license at the moment, so kinda limiting my ability to bring in a lot of soil and shit...
    Hope to have at least 8-10 plants, some in ground, some in pots, some maybe in a a big tote thing. Still have a smart pot out in the swamp, might try there again too. Going all organic this year, recycled soil, garden tone 3-4-4 and some other stuff to come later (guano? AACT). Might keep 1 or 2 plants on the maxibloom KISS, as it does work quite well.
    No plants yet, hopefully germinating some tonight.
    Stay tuned, stay safe :smoke:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. #2 ThePot, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    Today I finally have some (5) seeds planted and outside! Just out in solo cups and may need to come in sun/mon night but weather should be solid for them to start growing *crosses fingers*
    All pots set up and amended as of yesterday, looks like a few more have to go in ground because the grow bags are beat to shit... Probably start a few more seeds in the next few days. For anyone that's followed my journals before, these are old seeds and germinating rates are really declining, not too worried as long as I have enough for this year. Would love to be able to sprout more seeds through June if all goes well...
    Also, last frost date in my area is May 10-20, so definitely an earlier start than originally anticipated. I find that as long as you get them going by June that's when they really start growing.

humble beginnings indeed :smoke:

Attached Files:

3. Nice start and well done on getting the plots finished off, i do all this when i find a new plot.

Can't wait to see some pics bro got my update bro got pics too hehe pop over and check again lol i've been having pesky bird problems.

4. Weather got down to frost advisory! Got a few going strong though, just started 2 more, hopefully they're ok.

Looking into running OG#18, Delahaze, Mkage, maybe one more?

Did GC fix the picture issue? Still not used to this new shit

Nah they ain't sorted that out yet, will be soon though, you could use an image hosting site. I'm just using uk420forums, and copy/paste img here lol

Got another big update bro, was at plot 1 finished everything off.

6. Sup GC, everything is slowwww goin around here. Starting to think the old seeds are the problem, they really suck at germinating and hardening off. However, the two new seeds are doing great and have already outgrown the one remaining first round bagseed in a matter of days. Started 2 more new bagseeds so hpoefully that will be 5. No real strains started yet.

Good luck with the bagseeds.. got a nice 20+ bagseed run at Mid June.
    You gotta pop over my Journal bro, its wicked now..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks man. So I have 2 that are growing well, just planted 5 more a minute ago. Weather here sucks so I can't put them out until mon or tues...

Happened across a good tip for germinating the other day too. I've always just used water but someone mentioned adding hydrogen peroxide. I added it yesterday afternoon and 24 hrs later the old seeds (that never crack open) 2 had a solid tail and one was just cracked. Prety pumped about that :)

Hope everyone has a good and safe weekend! Unfortunately I have to work alot so won't be able to do much of anything. oh well

9. Hey Pot, good to see you back at it again this year!  I'm getting some frost warnings for tonight.

I'll be following along for the ride buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey Pot,

Nice to see you have a journal going.  Have you used coast of Maine before?  Its great stuff indeed.  That ingredient list reads about as bs free as you can find. I'm always amazed when I read the contents of something and know exactly what every ingredient is. Nice start.

This section should pick up soon, tis the season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Subd for this one!

Hope your germ rates go up!

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 ThePot, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013

Thanks guys and a warm welcome to ya'll. :wave:  Slow start but still early, seems like a slow spring for a lot of people out there.

Couldn't agree more Patrio, it is very 'clean' even for organics, and the stuff I got smells soo good lol. But no, haven't used before, store down the street carries a lot of their stuff. Think I'm gonna start some of the real strains once I get the ones now out.

13. Your heart and mind seem to be in the right place for success.  Good luck bro...I think you're gonna rock it

• Like Like x 1
  14. You're off to a great start. However, I would be wary of that grow location because the vegetation seems dried and and sparse... meaning you're probably going to have to haul water in frequently! But if those are your intentions, I see no problems. Much Luck & Happy Growing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks Pork, thanks for stopping by!

Rasta - just pic from early spring before anything was alive. Its actually right next to water. Ill take some pics tues.

16. #16 ThePot, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    Argh as always lots of seedling problems. Gonna chalk it up to bad timing because of all that rain and lack of light.... Got 3 going well, 3 not so mcuh. The Mkage just cracked today, still waiting on the Delahaze... Looks like I gotta start some more bagseeds. Idk why its always such an issue, blah. 90s today and the next 3 days too. Started last 2 new seeds

Lush temps though am jealous... i had some seedling problems like with insects and human mistakes lol... got 35bagseeds to play with in mid june haha see i can fuck any up... i always do.

I hope they turn around soon.

18. Thanks Spike, things are lookin better as of late :)

So currently I have 7 out, one prob not gonna make it. Included is a Paradise Seeds Delahaze and TH Seeds MKAGE. Might start some more bs but I gotta figure out where everything is going. Weather is good too, sunny/partly clouds 70s.
    Broke my bowl I'd had for 2.5 years, but just picked up this one. Its getting darker and more blue even after a few bowls!  
    :smoke:

Attached Files:

19. #19 ThePot, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    Sup Blades

Finally got 6 planted in their pots and out at the spots, took forever. First time I'd been to the new spot since those first pics, needless to say shit was crazy overgrown! I was worried about someone finding the trash barrel out there but took me a min of digging through thick brush to find it. tried to take a pic or 2 of the new growth.

Fuck guys, today was almost TOO eventful. Put my seeds in a big toy store bag.. not 10 feet out the door a cop passes me (where there are never pigs). On my way to the spot, one minute later, I see a helicopter flying over my spot! There's nothing there, so I don't have a clue what it was doing. Anyway, get to one of the access points, and there's a car parked there, appearing to be an unmarked pig! I chalk it up to paranoia and coincidence, and head in anyway (different route). Anyway, I'm doing my thing, and another (black) helicopter shows up flying all around like WTF!! Legit had to hide from this fucking thing, not a clue what it was or why it was there, but I assume it wasn't LEO.... 

On the positive side, my new spot is looking REAL good. Lots of cover, brush, water, a lot more confident in it's security now, and I could def put a lot of plants out there. *knocks on wood* I might actually ditch last years spot when they get bigger, more sun at new spot. Gonna pop a few more BS and that OG#18 maybe today. Weather looks great, especially for young seedling, so hopefully everything gets growing! Got everything protected from slugs with the beer cans and also caged, just to cover my ass.

Pic 1/2 - good bagseed, barely see it a few ft. away, same spot as 1st pic of first post.
    pic 3/4 - Mkage and bagseed, nice hidden spot
    pic 5/6 - Delahaze in ground and surrounding veg.
    pic 7 - can you see the pot? Same place as the pic in the first ones uploaded, might be too shady to use but cool spot.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Gotta love what your doin Pot, this time your gonna kick it like me whoop...

Fuck the pigs and helis :metal:

keep it real man... :hippie:

• Like Like x 1