Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Townhouse smoking/beloved dog

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shadymaniaaa, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Hi everyone,

New to the forum and first post here.

I just started smoking about a year ago, and have been mainly a social smoker but recently have been smoking more and now buying. I have some of my own marijuana at my townhouse that I'm looking forward to smoking alone but have a couple of questions...

I live in a suburb/city environment in a nice upscale townhouse complex off of a somewhat main road. Police don't drive by all the time, but I'm certain there are some that live in the complex. I am having in issue with finding a place to smoke. I don't want to smoke in my townhouse for several reasons. A) I don't want my dog, who is older, exposed to it, at all. B) I don't want my neighbors smelling it or possibly reporting me. C) As I rent, I don't want the smell to seep in the carpets.

I have a spacious front porch that would solve the issue of my pup, but that still would be sketchy with my neighbors and the police.. I could do it at night, but there would still be a smell (I smoke out of a bowl, FYI.. and the whole point of smoking is to enjoy it and not rush through the damn thing so...)

I don't really just want to drive around and get high, because I'm not that coordinated, and I suppose I could walk someplace semi-secluded, but I'm thinking my best bet would be to sit in my car at night with the windows down and smoke. As much as I don't want my car to smell, I'm thinking this is my best/safest option.

Thoughts/opinions? I absolutely cannot risk getting caught by the police or reported; losing my job or townhouse (who can?), and I guess as a newbie I am paranoid. -.-

Thanks!

2. Welcome! And smoking alone is fun but I know how sketchy it can get. Well I live in CO so smoking on a porch at night would be arlight I guess. You can walk on a trail nearby, there has to be some secluded area. If you smoke in your car get some Ozium. But depending on where you live, remember nobody is looking for someone smoking weed somewhere haha. Dont be too paranoid have fun!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I suggest ypu smoje in your shower with a sploof or smokebuddy then spray ozium or take a hot shower. The soap and vapors neutralize any lingering smell.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blunt effects air spray actually works wonders, ozium and a smoke buddy work well to cover a scent. I smoke in my car at night and it has cloth seats and the smell doesn't really stick, it may stick if all the windows aren't down or not all the way down. You'll be fine if you smoke in your car just make sure everything is ready to smoke beforehand so you don't need to struggle seeing things in the dark and feeling sketchy about having a light on in your car with your weed out

5. Bud won't hurt your dog, no matter the age. And if you smoke in your car with windows down in the parking lot, you're going to end up one of those guys with a DUI sitting in a parked car. All it takes is a slight breeze towards some nosey neighbors and you have the police called on you. You'd have far better luck just smoking in the bathroom and closing the door when you leave.

6. My buddy lives in a townhouse development and has a little concrete patio with a tiny fence that really blocks nothing but we always just sit on his front porch and smoke bowls and we are in a non-friendly state to cannabis (NJ)...just be discreet with it, put the bowl down when you aren't hitting it, and maybe have a book or comic out there with you so it doesn't look like you are just sitting on the porch doing nothing.

7. I think you're right to be careful around the dog. You could water cure your cannabis. After a water cure the smell is much reduced and you could probably smoke on your porch. If you're interested Google water cure or I'll explain it. Good luck.

8. I can relate to your situation very closely. My recommendation would be to get a vaporizer. Whether it be dry herb or concentrate the smell will not travel as far. You seem like the type of person who is not obsessed with getting medicated all the time if there is no precaution. The best advice I would have would be to get a pen vaporizer.